Food for thaught

sheedee3Dsheedee3D Posts: 214
edited March 2015 in New Users

Some points to ponder...

Wiith the recent introduction of Daz Studio 4.8 and its integrated IRAY render engine Daz has definetily evolved a big quantum leap!...
making it now possible for the average 3D enthusiast to also benefit from professional and production style digital renders...by making the whole process of lighting and illumination significantly easier!...with a default out of the box sun and sky system which enables any one with basic knowledge of 3D applications to get up and running in no time with production style renders that really pop and have the wow factor.
And best of all...its all free!...
So its safe to say that with the introduction of IRAY into Daz Studio...many a prayer has been answered for the vast mayority of folks who previously had a hard and frustrating time to come up wiith good and properly lit renders. So yes...the folks at Daz have made a breaktrhough!...

All that being said...still a lot of people are complaining and getting frustrated with the fact that their graphics cards are not capable of coping due to the drastic lack of render speed that they get...all this becuase IRAY works best with the newest and most expensive Nvidia cards on the market...which when you have one...will of course significantly speed up your renders with IRAY.

And then i ask my self if all that frustration and dissapointment is really necessary if you dont have the latest Nvidia cards...well the answer is...no...no need for frustration...and you want to know why?...take a look at the two renders below:

One is made with the new IRAY renderer in Daz Studio by a person in the IRAY render thread...look how long it took to render!...

The other render is the one i made...with the same Viking motorbike...available at the Daz store. See how long it took me to render?...
and thats without IRAY and with no Nvidia card but a Raedon card and...only with Daz native 3Delight renderer!...just look at both images at full resolution!...

both renders were done with HDRI illumination only...no additional lights in the scene.

So finally after contemplating at both renders...the real question is...do we really need IRAY?...

I allready know my answer!...

So take a good look at both...and you be the judge!...

Untitledll.jpg
1024 x 768 - 992K
Post edited by sheedee3D on

Comments

• sheedee3Dsheedee3D Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

Rendered with IRAY

BikeBest_copy.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M