Rigging a Human Figure

KevmannKevmann Posts: 60
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi, again.
I want to rig a 3d OBJ human figure with the same joints/bones as the Genesis figure, so I can pose it easily on Daz (and maybe even use some Genesis preset poses). There is any way to do it? I have to "create" all the bones or I can "transfer" the Genesis rig to the OBJ?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KevmannKevmann Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

I managed to do it with the Transfer Tool, but some bones are out of position and I can't align them even with the auto-rig. May someone be kind enough to point me to a tutorial about how to edit/align bones?
    Thanks.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,549
    edited December 1969

If the mesh doesn't line up with the Genesis mesh then the Transfer Utility won't give the correct result, and even when you have corrected it (using the Joint Editor to change the bone start/end points and the Geometry Editor and Node Weight Map brush to adjust the weights) Genesis poses won't work since the parts start out in different positions. You might try using a modeller to adjust the mesh so it does line up with the matching parts of Genesis base, though I doubt that will be entirely satisfactory.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

If the mesh doesn't line up with the Genesis mesh then the Transfer Utility won't give the correct result, and even when you have corrected it (using the Joint Editor to change the bone start/end points and the Geometry Editor and Node Weight Map brush to adjust the weights) Genesis poses won't work since the parts start out in different positions. You might try using a modeller to adjust the mesh so it does line up with the matching parts of Genesis base, though I doubt that will be entirely satisfactory.

Maybe you could adjust genesis to match the figure, adjust rigging to shape, then transfer that to the figure.

• KevmannKevmann Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both for your answers.
    I resized and edited the figure OBJ until it had the same size and proportions as the Genesis figure and exported it as a new OBJ, then I used the Tranfer Utility again and it worked for most of the bones. But I'm still trying to fix the fingers and jaw bones with the Joint Editor.