MCM Morph: HOW DO YOU SAVE THE STUPID THINGS?

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I really wish the DAZ tutorials were... I dunno... complete. But they're not. I've got a migraine from reading and rereading, but let's face it. They say "go to this tutorial 2014 and you'll learn the difference between saving a character morph and how to save a mcm morph". and... all you get is about character morphs. I guess you're supposed to get how to save a mcm morph by osmosis.

Sickleyield was very kind to write out how to do it in the forum a few years ago, but I can't find it now. I've lost two computers since then to lightning and old age. So if anyone knows where it is, can I have it please?

I've got this stinking mcm morph that i can't save because I no longer remember how....

Comments

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Yay! Found it! It's here if anyone needs it in the future.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42774/

Here's hoping it still works.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited March 2015

There's currently a bug where sometimes DS saves things you put as controllers as sub-components instead if you use the ERC Freeze panel.

If that should happen, you may have to start over. If so, it's sometimes better to do it by dragging from the parameters to the property hierarchy (i.e., select the MCM in the property hierarchy tab, expand, find the controllers, and drag the morph you want to control it onto the controller area).

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Nooooooo! Thank goodness what I built yesterday is behaving so far. Even if one eye is totally fubarred. Those eyelashes DO get in the way, and my copy of blender mocks me when I try to lock vertices.