Making my own Iray Optimized base?

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Say I want to make my own Iray optimized base mat for Genesis 2.... copy the textures I want from the Studio material and input them where I want, ditch the ones I don't want and apply the other settings the way I want.

Do I need to learn to write this in the Script IDE?

I'm guessing that's the case. Any Shortcuts? Old materials were script files, so you could open a material in the Script Editor and modify it with your own code. Is there a way to do this now?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,374
    edited December 1969

You can save as a mat preset, or a shader preset.
    A mat preset will save the mats (textures) and the Surface settings.
    A shader preset can be applied to anything and to retain the textures already applied hold down ctrl when applying the shader preset and choose ignore.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited December 1969

Thanks Scorpio, but that's not the functionality I am looking for; I am very familiar with the options you presented. I am looking for something different, more akin to the optimized shader presets that are provided in the beta for Genesis 2 (and the UberIray shader, too I suppose).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited December 1969

You can choose to save values only or textures only, as well as both, for Materials/Shader presets in 4.8 - use the checkmarks in the option dialogue for individual settings, or the option menu (lined button mid way down on the right) for global changes).

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard, but again, not the functionality I am looking to achieve.

I want to do this:

Take the diffuse map, put it in Base Color and Translucency Color; ditch all Specular Maps regardless of where they are placed and then apply my own base settings for the various layer weights, etc.

Its more a converter than it is a Material preset, I guess.