Reinstalling Carrara content onto an external Drive.

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am trying to make room on my C Drive, and have found the variousinstalled Carrara content etc is in the Program Folder.

Can I move it all to an external Drive?

How do I tell Carrara where to find it?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Some things. like the presets for the scene wizards, and data files such as for plugins and leaf shapes, etc. need to stay with Carrara.

The native content, such as in the Objects Browser, Shader Browser, etc. could probably be moved, but those files are fairly small, so for the PITA facor, it may be easier to leave those where they are, unless space is at a premium. Carrara's included models for instance, are pretty low poly, and most of the shaders are procedural, although some use small internally saved image maps.

Anyway, if you do decide to move some of them, or if you wish to create custom folders for your objects, shaders, skies, etc, you can manually select folders to add to your Browser, by clicking on the little black icon on the far top right of the Browser window, and choosing Add Folder, then navigate to the location of the folder. It is contextual by the Browser tab you have selected. For instance if you have the Shader tab selected, Carrara will ask what kind of shaders and present a list, if you are in the Object browser, Carrara will ask what type of object and present a list. If you are in the Content browser, instead of Add Folder, it will say Add Runtime.

Picture_4.png
    1128 x 384 - 51K
    Picture_3.png
    1108 x 559 - 178K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited December 1969

I have Carrara in its entirety on my E drive along with most my programs except Poser which proved a bugger to run anywhere but C with default content.
    DAZ studio, iClone and even Zbrush which I MUST learn to use,( get too distracted rendering DAZ stuff in anis) all reside on my E drive and documents etc temp folders there too, even my desktop!!! Using mk link in command prompt to fool my PC.
    DIM I could not sadly move either though I tried.
    I have a very smal SSD for my C drive so space is at a premium, pagefile on E too!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thankyou, will see what I can move.