Wrinkle 3D questions

rogerjhardy100rogerjhardy100 Posts: 286
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi folks, I downloaded Wrinkle 3D to add realism to clothes that would otherwise look like they're blown up or are too figure-hugging. Once I'd got through the username and product code problems I managed to get it to work but have these problems:

1. I cannot navigate around the viewport (ie, rotate the model) and the user manual doesn't exlain how to do it. It's probably really obvious but not to me! This makes it really difficult to 'fix' the areas that need fixing.

2. I export the coloured clothing to Wrinkle and it appears without any textures. I manipulate it, but when I export it back to DAZ 3D it has lost its textures and I cannot re-apply them as the product has a new name.

3. My experience so far is that the clothing starts to look like melted ice cream very quickly.

Has any smart helpful soul out there sorted these problems?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited April 2015

For 2, the idea is not to load the OBJ as a new model but to import it as a morph for the existing clothing item - in DS select the clothing item, still posed if you did the draping on a posed figure, and go to Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro. In the From field select the same preset as you sued to export the original OBJ. Click Choose Morph Files and load your wrinkled OBJ. If the figure is not zeroed, click the arrow next to the morph name in the bottom panel and then right-click the No next to reverse deformations and make it Yes. Optionally click the path next to Property Group and give it a new location - for example click Create and enter Style/Wrinkles. Click Accept.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • rogerjhardy100rogerjhardy100 Posts: 286
    edited December 1969

Many thanks, it worked properly as you recommended! I still have a problem navigating around the model in Wrinkle as I want to highlight the yellow bits but cannot see more than a perspective view. M question No 1 above.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

Roger, I was having a few navigational problems myself, and now I've just seen these in the Keyboard Shortcuts section of the manual:

Pan View - Middle Mouse Btn+Alt
    Rotate View - Left Mouse Btn+Alt
    Zoom View - Right Mouse Btn+Alt

edited December 1969

Oh, I just noticed that it didn't work butI can load he wrinkled shirt without textures. You say:

"....click the arrow next to the morph name in the bottom panel and then right-click the No next to reverse deformations and make it Yes. Optionally click the path next to Property Group and give it a new location - for example click Create and enter Style/Wrinkles. Click Accept. "

OK, I've done that but how do I now load the morphed shirt with texture into the model in DS? I don't know where to find 'Property Group and Style/Wrinkles'. Help!!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the advice on the navigation; that works fine. I think that this should be included in the tutorial for dummies.

edited December 1969

Oh, I just noticed that it didn't work butI can load he wrinkled shirt without textures. You say:

"....click the arrow next to the morph name in the bottom panel and then right-click the No next to reverse deformations and make it Yes. Optionally click the path next to Property Group and give it a new location - for example click Create and enter Style/Wrinkles. Click Accept. "

OK, I've done that but how do I now load the morphed shirt with texture into the model in DS? I don't know where to find 'Property Group and Style/Wrinkles'. Help!!

The property group was just a suggestion so you can ignore that. Other than that, does Morph Loader work or not? Do you get an error if not?

edited December 1969

The Morph loader pro says it's done it successfully but I cannot find the morphed file. I've given it a unique name so will search my folders for it.

edited December 1969

There should now be a morph on the clothes - under Morphs/Morph Loader in the Parameters pane since you didn't change that.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Help! I did get this working a while back, I did a trial of a DAZ primitive plane colliding with a figure and a bed (wanted to check it worked with multiple collision targets). That was 'for fun' and a proof of concept. I now want to actually use it and ... whenever I import the morph object I get "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." in Morph Loader Pro. This is in posed or in t-pose for a G2f and either of two shirts I have tried.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Help! I did get this working a while back, I did a trial of a DAZ primitive plane colliding with a figure and a bed (wanted to check it worked with multiple collision targets). That was 'for fun' and a proof of concept. I now want to actually use it and ... whenever I import the morph object I get "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." in Morph Loader Pro. This is in posed or in t-pose for a G2f and either of two shirts I have tried.

This is probably a vertex count issue. In Hexagon I sometimes forget to hide the base figure when exporting the mesh, and so the "morph" of the clothing also includes G2M or G2F. Naturally this isn't going to work. If you import the morph object directly (not via Morph Loader) you should see where the discrepancy lies.

edited May 2015

Cayman said:
    SimonJM said:

This is probably a vertex count issue. In Hexagon I sometimes forget to hide the base figure when exporting the mesh, and so the "morph" of the clothing also includes G2M or G2F. Naturally this isn't going to work. If you import the morph object directly (not via Morph Loader) you should see where the discrepancy lies.

By 'import the morph object directly' I presume you mean just doing the reverse of the export? How would I then see the discrepancies?

As a 'matter of fun' I started DS and with nothing but the default camera loaded a shirt. Did an export. Loaded it into Wrinkle and immediately did an export. And I still get the error message about geometry not matching .. what the heck?

Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Cayman said:
    SimonJM said:

By 'import the morph object directly' I presume you mean just doing the reverse of the export? How would I then see the discrepancies?

As a 'matter of fun' I started DS and with nothing but the default camera loaded a shirt. Did an export. Loaded it into Wrinkle and immediately did an export. And I still get the error message about geometry not matching .. what the heck?

All I mean is that you could quickly check visually that you're not including something other than the original object, for example the collision object used in Wrinkle. You can also check that the number of vertices is the same as the original object using the Scene Info tab in DAZ.

edited December 1969

I'm losing both the plot and the will to live!!! I am certain I have found this info before, but how do I get Daz Studio to tell me how many polygon, vertices, etc., an object has?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I'm losing both the plot and the will to live!!! I am certain I have found this info before, but how do I get Daz Studio to tell me how many polygon, vertices, etc., an object has?

Scene info...you'll probably need to enable the pane/tab for it.

edited December 1969

Ok, something is happening to the mesh to make the re-imported object different:
    Original clothing item:

Name : 065Singlet_3830
    Label : SO_Singlet
    Class : DzFigure
    Vertices : 15,142 / 3,830
    Triangles : 0 / 0
    Quads : 14,960 / 3,740
    Total Faces : 14,960 / 3,740

Imported Object:

Name : xWrinkle
    Label : xWrinkle
    Class : DzNode
    Vertices : 15,142 / 15,142
    Quads : 14,960 / 14,960
    Total Faces : 14,960 / 14,960

It looks like I have been just plain damned unlucky - every item I had picked to trial this on has failed, but I have just tried one more (the Emo Bustier) and it worked:

Name : EmoBustier_11576
    Label : EmoBustier
    Vertices : 11,576 / 11,576
    Quads : 11,256 / 11,256
    Total Faces : 11,256 / 11,256

Whatever the name or meaning of the different values before and after the "/" it seems that any items where they do not match will not work (unless there's a 'secret method' for getting them to do so). I'd be tempted to say they are 'sparse' items, relying upon SubD, would that be correct?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    SimonJM said:

Scene info...you'll probably need to enable the pane/tab for it.
    Oh, and thank you! Possibly about the one place I didn't look! ;)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Ok, something is happening to the mesh to make the re-imported object different:
    Original clothing item:

Name : 065Singlet_3830
    Label : SO_Singlet
    Vertices : 15,142 / 3,830
    Quads : 14,960 / 3,740
    Total Faces : 14,960 / 3,740

Whatever the name or meaning of the different values before and after the "/" it seems that any items where they do not match will not work (unless there's a 'secret method' for getting them to do so). I'd be tempted to say they are 'sparse' items, relying upon SubD, would that be correct?

Yes, it looks like your object is SubD'd, so I think you have to set it at Base level before you export it for morphing. (Parameters tab > General > Mesh Resolution).

edited December 1969

Cayman said:

Yes, it looks like your object is SubD'd, so I think you have to set it at Base level before you export it for morphing. (Parameters tab > General > Mesh Resolution).

I thought that, just after I posted and was shutting the computer down and preparing to go to bed! Thanks for the help - I will have a look after I get back in after my perambulte round town :)