FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup 2023 [commercial]

FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

A new thread to showcase new and upcoming FirstBastion / IstBastion products.

Starting 2022 with some Old Park Benches

https://www.daz3d.com/old-park-benches-parkette

Old thread from 2016 is here if anyone is interested.   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/143601/firstbastion-s-upcoming-lineup-commercial/p1

I'm planning to be a little more active than I've been in the last few years.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited February 2022

Coming Soon.

1stBASTION-Climb-That-Ladder-Props-Poses.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 400K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

The ladders and poses could be really useful. G8 only are also G3?

• Yes these are for Genesis 8 only.  I know many people are still using Gen3 characters as I do as well, but didn't think to make these poses for the older generations.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

thanks, still very useful even just for G8 (I use both as you do)

• DripDrip Posts: 1,134

Good thing there are pose converters, and poses are something that converts pretty well.

Only.. my OCD will force me to edit all the ladder poses anyway. Since I was taught to hold onto the sides of a ladder when climbing it, never the sports. For two reasons that make sense too!
    1. People stand with their dirty feet on the sports, so should try not to touch those.
    2. In case someone stands above you on the same ladder, and climbs down, there's a risk that person will step on your hand, which may result in you letting loose and falling down (as if your fingers already didn't hurt enough from someone standing on them).

No biggie, I never thought about those things either until I was twenty and got drafted into the navy for mil service. The corporal probably took enough greenhorns to first aid over the years, to warn us when we got to tour a ship on our first week.

• Thanks for the comments Drip.  I'm sure the Navy has all sorts of protocols in place well established through years of experience. Affixed steel ladder bolted to a wall would not havea sturdiness issue associated with temporary angled ladders.

I was a building renovator for 35 years and own six ladders of various sizes,  all the way up to 40 foot extension ladders, for access on to 3rd storey roofs, so I'd totally agree with the mud scenario could get pretty messy,  And Yet the positive lock of a hand in the center of the ladder rungs assures a center of gravity balance that you simply can not attained holding the sides. which absolutely matters with a basic ladder sitting on the ground and angled against a wall or an eavestrough,  So I will reiterate that these poses are well thought out.

Now regarding your second point,  two people on a ladder would be a safety code violation and counter to Workers Health and Safety laws in a number of jurisdictions. You should never have two people on an angled ladder. They are generally rated to a person weight of 275lbs.

Enjoy the ladders and poses and change them however you can get the most use out of them,  but this is correct way to climb an angled ladder.  Now if me and Corporal will have to have words in this regard so be it.  ;p

• DripDrip Posts: 1,134

Heh, very good points on your part too! A central grab is definitely steadier, and there is definitely a difference between a temporary ladder and an affixed one. I figure the navy didn't care much for safety protocols regarding the amount of people on a ladder, as they were either much taller ladders (with affixed ladders, stability isn't an issue anyway), or were primarily used in emergency. So after comparing notes, a difference in protocols sounds logical. :-D

• Absolutlety, open minds lead to common ground.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

FirstBastion said:

Absolutlety, open minds lead to common ground.

That bears repeating. 

edited February 2022

I built a Donation Bin. It's the kind of prop you can place almost anywhere in an urban environment and offers some story telling possibilities.

1stBastion-DonationBin-Prop.jpg
    750 x 975 - 248K

Had a bit of fun working on these Useful Cliffs. Hopefully coming "soon".

Those are some enticing (and well-done) renders. I can use some movable rocks or rock faces.

Available now. Depth of Field Cameras and Lighting is included in the scene setups.  

https://www.daz3d.com/1stb-useful-cliffs-3-vignettes-scenes

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169

Thank you for reviving this. I almost missed a great park!

edited June 2023

Just submitted this into Daz3D for consideration.  Old Steel Bridge On A Desolate Coast Road

1stB-OldSteelBridgeRoad-Daz3D-Main-750.jpg
    750 x 975 - 254K

This is gonna be great!

Hopefully it'll be useful.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505

FirstBastion said:

A perfect place to "blow the bridge" and replace it with a Bailey Bridge ;-)

Great work as always! 

Totte said:

FirstBastion said:

Great work as always! 

This bridge is about 40 feet above the water though. Since I have your Bailey Bridge that might just be a fun render to try out.  And given,  I'm trying to use all the content i bought...

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited June 2023

FirstBastion said:

Totte said:

FirstBastion said:

Great work as always! 

This bridge is about 40 feet above the water though. Since I have your Bailey Bridge that might just be a fun render to try out.  And given,  I'm trying to use all the content i bought...

Yea, just follow the build instructions in the Promos on how to build a bridge spanning a gap without dropping the whole bridge down the chasm.

Post edited by Totte on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

All of your kits are useful! I love all of mine.

That brings me back to when I didn't know a thing about Visual Effects yet, so I was trying to all of what should have been post work directly in my Carrara renders.

Right when I was thinking of trying this, your A Walk Across Water came out and I bought it. Perfect for what I was doing.

I actually used Carrara's volumetric lighting at really, really high power to be able to blast this day scene into white. The experiement was to animate the effect, which worked, but my job of driving the effect didn't. I was such a noob. Nonetheless, I always loved this frame from it - and I'll always love that kit! I have quite a few of them - but they're not in the store anymore? So glad I got them when I did!!! Very cool scenes the lot of them!

I've always loved how your scenes work in Carrara! Perfect! 

I always tried to keep the material textures flexible as possible,  trying to stay away from application specific shaders and channels,  that way they could mostly translate between Poser and DazStudio and Cararra,  or even be exported to other applications.  When I started as a PA it was expected that products supported both  Poser and DazStudio out of the box,  so that textures setup developed then and I just stuck with it. Luckily it also mostly translates up to Iray as well sometimes though requiring some texture tweaks.

Rosie certainly looks like pure attitude. Its been cool watching her go through the various iterations.

She sure has gone through her changes... poor thing had some really horrible version there for a while - don't know how it got so bad! Yikes! 

I like this one (above) which was one of my earliest V4 versions.

But, yes. I love how your products always render so nicely! Kudos, my friend! 

The bridge can work in a dryer environment too.

15 Camera angles included.  Under Bridge Camera

Oooh! I didn't realize it went over a river. Release it!

This is Awesome!

xyer0 said:

Oooh! I didn't realize it went over a river. Release it!

Release dates are entirly Daz's decision. But it is through testing.  So hopefully Daz soon.