Vertex Model versus Edit Vertex

IKtorIKtor Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know that talking about here in modeling issues is almost tabu.No however made a tutorial for those who would still like to try to give a chance to the software and those who have seen it anyone should know and Free :)
Look and draw your conclusions.
This subtitled why am deaf mute by nature.
If by chance someone can explain to me what does the Vertex room better than the Edit also like to know.
Until now cant find nothing in vertex that using the Edit vertex can do.
Please see here:www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x8imAoemjk

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

It is true that Carrara's vertex modeler gets its fair share of complaints, I do agree that it is underrated.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

From what I see in your video you are just using the vertex modelling in assembly room option which the later versions of Carrara enable.
    I use that option a lot probably the most, but if editing in a scene with many components the ordinary vertex room better for isolating.
    I actually jump between the two more often or not.
    Most Carrara users like the Carrara vertex modelling there just a few other software users that frequent these forums that like to rubbish it in favour of their favourite app and one who likes to rubbish everything Carrara and makes me wonder why he even posts here except to troll.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

From what I see in your video you are just using the vertex modelling in assembly room option which the later versions of Carrara enable.
    I use that option a lot probably the most, but if editing in a scene with many components the ordinary vertex room better for isolating.
    I actually jump between the two more often or not.
    Most Carrara users like the Carrara vertex modelling there just a few other software users that frequent these forums that like to rubbish it in favour of their favourite app and one who likes to rubbish everything Carrara and makes me wonder why he even posts here except to troll.

Somewhere there's a bridge missing one. ;-)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Interesting video, and a viewpoint I hadn't consciously considered, which is that there are actually more benefits and tools available when modeling in the assembly room than in the vertex room. I kind of agree, and have found myself doing more and more modeling in the assembly room myself (not that I do a lot of modeling at all, mind..)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

There are times when I want to consider just the part I'm modelling, or maybe it is obscured by other parts in the room (or more likely in my case, there's so much other stuff in the scene that it impacts the performance of the scene manipulation tools), in which case I'll go to the vertex room.

There are other times when I need to see the interaction of the part I'm modelling with other parts in the scene, and then staying in the assembly room is a must.

The right tool for the right job at the right time. :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Hi Tim try grouping what you need to see then jumping into the group . You only see the group, then try modelling in this? Could work!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited April 2015

Trialg nice video thankyou, very informative !

Post edited by Headwax on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I've only ever "Jump Into Group"'d by mistake, and then it's been "WTF just happened?" So yes it't probably worth thinking about using it in anger - thanks for the tip, head wax.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited April 2015

Tim_A said:
    I've only ever "Jump Into Group"'d by mistake, and then it's been "WTF just happened?"

So true! :lol:

I think there are a few functions in the vertex room that are not available while vertex editing in the assemble room. Other than that, I agree that it is often great to use the vertex modeler in the assemble room.

EDIT: And frankly, I don't remember what it is that I thought can't be done in the assemble room. A quick visit doesn't show anything obvious. Maybe I'm thinking of an older version?

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trialg... I haven't done enough modeling to appreciate the differences between the 2 yet, but I'm happy you pointed it out. Other good tips in this thread too. Thank you.

- Don

• IKtorIKtor Posts: 44
    edited April 2015

I had more the purpose to draw attention to those who have taste of modeling and exists more likely to do something.
    As each does it, is merely irrelevant, since able to do.

Post edited by IKtor on