Transfer Utility Problem

nickashman68nickashman68 Posts: 21

I have a problem with rigging clothing , after the program has done the transfer the clothing moves either up for a shirt or the legs spread for pants, i have tried doing it in 4.7 and 4.8 with different figures with the same result, can somebody please help me out, i am going crazy trying different options, here are 3 photos of the result, first one with prop in place to be rigged, second is showing figure with its bones and third is the transformed prop with its bones........

The problem with pants is much the same, the pants stay at the right height but the leg spread outwards....

tran1.jpg
967 x 896 - 156K
tran3.jpg
968 x 897 - 176K
tran2.jpg
966 x 898 - 152K
Post edited by nickashman68 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure there is no scaling applied to the figure you model the clothes on. If you are modeling on a morphed figure, make sure you have "Reverse Deformations" checked.

• nickashman68nickashman68 Posts: 21
    edited April 2015

figure is standard M6 just loaded , i even tried just Gen2 base and Gen base, same result. The problem seems to be when the fit to figure command in the transfer is applied, but you have to have the prop fitted to some figure Right ???

Post edited by nickashman68 on
    edited December 1969

What figure & morph were you using when you modeled the jacket?

edited December 1969

I have been using standard M6, and my own props, i decided to try and save an OBJ of an item in my wardrobe collection and see if that would give a different result, but as you can see same result every time, wasted the whole weekend trying to make this work.....

edited December 1969

I have only managed to make the transfer utility work once and that was some time ago and have not got it to work again....

tran4.jpg
    970 x 887 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Check if M6 uses scaling -- you need to model on a figure at 100% scale, otherwise the scaling gets doubly applied.

edited December 1969

no scaling. the new bones are in the same place as the figures, its just that the clothing is moved up and the bones in the arms sit below the cloths arms as in the photo, is there a way of moving the prop back down manually over the bones ?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

figure is standard M6 just loaded , i even tried just Gen2 base and Gen base, same result. The problem seems to be when the fit to figure command in the transfer is applied, but you have to have the prop fitted to some figure Right ???
    When I'm doing clothing I normally just load the figures into the viewport and then use the transfer utility. When you say fit to the figure, what do you mean specifically have you converted it from a prop to a figure before using transfer utility or something like that? Can you outline your process?

The only time I've seen something similar is when converting a prop and then it's normally because I moved/adjusted the prop prior to converting it to a figure.

edited December 1969

When you used the transfer utility did you have "Reverse Source Shape From Target" checked and the correct Source Shape selected?

edited December 1969

my process is ......

have prop model saved in position were i need it on figure, then delete it, clear the scene

load figure base, import above prop model to convert, convert to sub d if needed.

source item is Figure with default

target is prop model with default

click accept,

and the program does its thing.

as soon as it finishes, the prop jumps up off the bones

edited December 1969

Are you modeling on G2M Base or on Michael 6?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited April 2015

Are you modeling on G2M Base or on Michael 6?
    Good question...if you're using m6 I would think you would need reverse deformations on. I haven't used gen2 much but I would imagine it's the same process as for any other figure using triax...

Other thing to look at do you have M6 dialled or the base figure...if M6 you would need current listed not default.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi ,,
    when you make clothings for characters, usually you may better to make clothing shape fit to genesis2 base shape
    not fit for character shape (eg M6 or Gianni etc).

because these character morph can be auto transfered after you fit clothing to genesis2male (default shape).
    then you can avoid these scale or morph problem.

but anyway, you seems have made clothing which fit to character shape of genesis2 male. (M6?).

I felt many problems before about reverse defomation with transfer utility,
    but at current ds 4.7 have not problem about scale etc,,when I test with giannni6,,
    (I have no plan to get M6 sorry^^;)

1. load your character . (about this case , I load Gianni6 then it actually change scale108% too)
    2. load your clothing (which shape should fit to character) obj, (or prop)
    3 set transfer utility
    source = current , target = current
    4 check "reverse defomation" on.

Picture 1

5 it seems work about daz studio 4.7
    (I think,, it have not worked what I expected before,, eg ds 4.5 etc,) but do not remember old days.
    now it seems work for me ^^;)

Picture 2

Ad you see pic2, when ds auto circulate reverse defomation, there should be some un-desireble defomation for clothing.:ohh:
    because ds need to adjust clothing shape fit to default genesis2male shape first. (reverse defomation)
    then re-apply auto generated morphs shape again.
    in these two step, your modeling clothing shape have been deformed somewhat.

then you may better to make clothing shape fit to default genesis2male (or genesis1, genesis2female) first.

gianni2.JPG
    898 x 728 - 67K
    giannni1.JPG
    962 x 832 - 122K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

And there is another case it may not work.
    If you have changed the obj (or modeled clothing prop) positon (y, or z translation) to fit your actor figure, then use transfer utility,
    it may cause problem too.

because your obj (or clothing) have changed default positon.
    when you use transfer utility with many option (soruce default , taarget default etc)
    combination, about some option, it should cause such problem.

then you may need to export the prop (or obj) again, then re-import obj.
    now it remove your translation value, but keep good postion.
    then use transfer utlity with options I mentioned above.,,

• jc-weatherbyjc-weatherby Posts: 2
    edited May 2015

I've had the same issue with the DAZ Transfer Utility. Clothing ends up in the wrong place when the Transfer process is complete.

MY PROCESS:

MAKING CLOTHES: BLENDER > DAZ

Start with your DAZ figure Character Preset, standing on 0 XYZ coordinate.

Export Character OBJ for blender: Y "uP" Z "inverted"

IMPORT FIGURE INTO BLENDER:

Figure should be standing on 0 XYZ, above Y axis, FACING FORWARD (toward camera in FRONT ORTHO) along the Z axis.

MODEL YOUR CLOTHING.

APPLY ALL MODIFIERS. EXPORT AS OBJ.

DAZ - CLOTHING CONFORM:

Starting with DAZ figure loaded into scene, as before.

Import clothing OBJ to scene - select Y for vertical. Clothing should appear in the proper place on the character.

SCENE OPTION PANEL>EDIT>GEOMETRY>CONVERT TO SUBD (this is a step specified in a Daz Youtube tutorial, I've done it with and without this step.)

SCENE OPTION PANEL>ASSETS>TRANSFER UTILITY

target the character mesh (SOURCE> to the clothing item (TARGET).

transfer available options

hit ACCEPT.

UPDATE:

OK, thanks to SickleYield I've figured out I have to start from the Base Figure Mesh, and create morphs for my characters/clothes I apply AFTER the Transfer Utility Mapping process... So now I'm getting much better results :)

daz-cloth-transfer-process.jpg
    2000 x 1282 - 214K
    Post edited by jc-weatherby on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Try setting the Source Shape to the morph used, then in the options check Reverse Source Shape from Target. As long as there was no scaling in the character you used that should fit. It is best, if at all possible, to model around the base shape. If you are going to post screenshots please don't shrink them - you can attach multiple images to a post by using the Preview button after loading the last, up to five images.

• ARealitiARealiti Posts: 135

kitakoredaz said:

And there is another case it may not work.
    If you have changed the obj (or modeled clothing prop) positon (y, or z translation) to fit your actor figure, then use transfer utility,
    it may cause problem too.

because your obj (or clothing) have changed default positon.
    when you use transfer utility with many option (soruce default , taarget default etc)
    combination, about some option, it should cause such problem.

then you may need to export the prop (or obj) again, then re-import obj.
    now it remove your translation value, but keep good postion.
    then use transfer utlity with options I mentioned above.,,

I know this is an old Thread, but thank you for this answer! This is exactly the work around I was needing!