Does Bryce 7.1 Pro take advantage of ...

sasa Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Does Bryce 7.1 Pro take advantage all attributes of iClone 6 PRO ? Will my content maintain Bryce 7.1 Pro Quality and translate well into Unity 5 ?
Can I skip the iClone phase and import directly from Bryce 7.1 Pro into Unity 5 with perfect results ?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I've no idea what these other softwares are (why would anyone need anything other than Bryce? :lol:)
    But as a rule Bryce doesn't play well with other software. Bryce primitives have to be made into Booleans and most likely collapsed into Mesh object before they will export from Bryce correctly. Bryce only makes a half hearted attempt at baking materials into the objects and they usually need quite a lot of work when imported into other software.

Having said that, it does depend on exactly what it is you are wanting to export. Bryce will export into 14 different file types including .obj, 3DS and .LWO with varying degrees of success.

• sasa Posts: 45
    edited April 2015

Savage64 ... Thanks . Yep , populate my world in Unity 5 Game Engine with content only from Bryce 7.1 Pro ,
    http://unity3d.com/unity

Post edited by sa on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

One little question. Do you have a DAZ 3D Game developers License.

• sasa Posts: 45
    edited April 2015

Thanks , yep , Not yet . at some point I will need to purchase one .
    Unity 5 is a Game Engine :
    http://unity3d.com/5?gclid=CKLar9f--cQCFQOUfgodjn4A8A

How can Original content created by artists , be imported into Unity 5 ?
    That's my problem ,
    How do I import my Art created with Bryce 7.1 Pro into Unity 5 ?
    How can I make my Bryce 7.1 Pro Content more user friendly with Unity 5 without having to rework the Art I've created ,
    just to get my Art into a Game format that can be marketed to many different platforms ?
    This question has also been posted in the Unity Editor and General Support forum .

Post edited by sa on