Browser problems Content and Smart Content are not configured correctly

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited April 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I continue to have problems with the Carrara Browser -

Content Items and Smart Content shows some, but not all files. Smart Content is the most reliable, Content Items the files are a mess with duplicates in strange places.

I used the install manager, and all seems to be fine in Daz3d studio..
Both of these folders appear to be showing and maintaining the files properly in Daz3d Studio.

What should be done to update these folders in Carrara browser properly, and consistently?

The Folders showing under Browser Content are as follows:

My Library Runtime
My Library
Bryce Library - nothing is showing up when I click this folder, as it should be.
My Poser Library
My Poser

In the Windows Explorer the actual folders are as follows:

users/public/documents/ BRYCE

--------------------------------------Downloads (these are repository of zipped files from DIM)
--------------------------------------BryceLibrary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
users/public/documents/DAZ3D
--------------------------------------Downloads (these are repository of zipped files from DIM)
--------------------------------------My Library
--------------------------------------My Poser
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice the folders under Browser/Content do not register with actual folders in Windows Explorer.

There are no folders - My Library Runtime, Bryce Library, My Poser Library in Windows Explorer

I thought I might get a faster answer in the forums than by making a support ticket.

The problem is... Carrara is pretty well unworkable until I resolve these issues. There appears to be little or no organization that makes sense. Just a hodge-podge of information.

The BRYCE folder in the windows explorer contains no files except the downloaded zipped files. Those files are installed under the programs(x86) folder for Bryce. I only used this folder to put all my downloaded zipped files from DAZ into one main folder.

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on