suggested change to the Carrara forum TOS

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

The TOS says

"Goals

Please determine if your post will add to our goals as follows:
•The DAZ 3D forums and galleries should be a destination for learning, conversation and helping others
•This should be a fun and positive place to communicate
•A place of learning and sharing
•A place to go for help in learning new techniques
•Communicate and discuss ideas in a positive non-threatening way"

Could we drop the word "positive", please? Some members who focus on the negative might think it is aimed at them, in which case we would have a "welcoming" problem. Embrace the negative.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    The TOS says

"Goals

Please determine if your post will add to our goals as follows:
    •The DAZ 3D forums and galleries should be a destination for learning, conversation and helping others
    •This should be a fun and positive place to communicate
    •A place of learning and sharing
    •A place to go for help in learning new techniques
    •Communicate and discuss ideas in a positive non-threatening way"

Could we drop the word "positive", please? Some members who focus on the negative might think it is aimed at them, in which case we would have a "welcoming" problem. Embrace the negative.

From the TOS, my favorite is Spock, but my wife likes Sulu. She's very positive about it. ;-P

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

- This should be a fun and place to communicate

I don't know... I think the word "positive" makes the above sentence make more sense ;)
    edited December 1969

I don't know... I think the word "positive" makes the above sentence make more sense ;)
    But are you sure? I mean, are you really, really positive? ;-)
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

But are you sure? I mean, are you really, really positive? ;-) In my opinion, I am positive! :-/
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

I am O negative

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

my brother in laws girlfriend's name is 'O'

not positive if that's how you spell it though :-)

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    my brother in laws girlfriend's name is 'O'

not positive if that's how you spell it though :-)

Really? Oh no! ;-)
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

What, was the TOS written by the Pied Pipers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds

That was so last century!

(Oh, and was that a very sly encouragement of people to vote?)

edited April 2015

Atom 1"I lost an electron"
    Atom 2 "are you positive/"

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited April 2015

I think there should be no TOS, that way we could link to other forums and pretend we are living in a fre..... er, there's a knock on the door..... gah it's the Daz Hit Squad....

Poster removed by moderator. Move along, nothing to see.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    I think there should be no TOS, that way we could link to other forums and pretend we are living in a fre..... er, there's a knock on the door..... gah it's the Daz Hit Squad....

OMG get help HeadWax is locked in the DAZ studio forum being Irayed!!!!!!
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

OMG get help HeadWax is locked in the DAZ studio forum being Irayed!!!!!!

Hah ha :) Now that's a scream .... hold on, there's a knock at the door, gah it's the ....... ......

No ... it's Wendy and Pam clutching a low alcohol beer, phew :)

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Like poles repel, opposite poles attract.....'positive' and 'negative'....it's a ying-yang thang.....or to put it another way, it's an evilproducer-Joemamma thang....it quite literally makes the world go round. Never leave home without it.

Meanwhile, now that Wendy and Pam have joined Headwax in getting iRayed with low alchohol lager at the Daz Studio Forum, we need a rescue squad.....

edited December 1969

ha hahaha haha who said we need rescuing ..... ? :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Pam needs rescuing from the low alcohol lager as she prefers Real Ale. :coolsmirk:

• edited December 1969

ever wonder why it's only the same 5-6 people posting? (smiley)

I often wonder if it's actaully only 1-2 people with different handles talking to themselves....

My TOS suggestion would be to restrict the talk about "other softwares". Whole threads get into detail about DogwaffleWhatever or how great and better Blender is etc.... This is boring.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Whole threads get into detail about DogwaffleWhatever or how great and better Blender is etc…. This is boring.

Actually, it is very interesting and informative to compare different software and how it can enhance/work with Carrara. If it is boring, skip it :)

There is no need to change the TOS - simply apply it consistently and not in such a way as to stifle discussion.

edited April 2015

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

sigh_resized.jpg
    300 x 222 - 45K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

XXXX for me

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

AnAlias said:
    ever wonder why it's only the same 5-6 people posting? (smiley)

I often wonder if it's actaully only 1-2 people with different handles talking to themselves....

Nah, it's just time zones - they're the only ones awake that late at night... ;)

edited December 1969

Like poles repel, opposite poles attract.....'positive' and 'negative'....it's a ying-yang thang.....or to put it another way, it's an evilproducer-Joemamma thang....it quite literally makes the world go round. Never leave home without it.

Meanwhile, now that Wendy and Pam have joined Headwax in getting iRayed with low alchohol lager at the Daz Studio Forum, we need a rescue squad.....

I see nuthin
    Capture.JPG
    972 x 294 - 79K
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

I see nuthin

Whooops! Okay, been busy brewing something stronger for Pam....and Headwax and Wendy? if they could be tempted.....but oh no! We're not to talk about other software!.....what to do....what to do.....:ahhh: *wringing my hands in anxiety*

THREAD DERAILED (AGAIN) ALERT TRIGGERED.

Keep_Calm.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 263K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

positronic brain :)

edited December 1969

I see nuthin

Whooops! Okay, been busy brewing something stronger for Pam....and Headwax and Wendy? if they could be tempted.....but oh no! We're not to talk about other software!.....what to do....what to do.....:ahhh: *wringing my hands in anxiety*

Now that bottle looks interesting, or rather what;s in it looks interesting I should say. :coolsmile:

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I see nuthin

DADA, that's one of my favorite renders you've done, I can't even tell you why, it's just very well put together!

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Actually, it is very interesting and informative....

What makes you think everyone here is looking for "interesting and informative"? :) :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:

What makes you think everyone here is looking for "interesting and informative"? :) :)

The very large number of threads dedicated to tips and tricks on a wide variety of topics, the profuse instances of people thanking people for providing helpful information, and the observation that people come back and ask questions because they see other people get "interesting and informative" responses.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Roygee said:

The very large number of threads dedicated to tips and tricks on a wide variety of topics, the profuse instances of people thanking people for providing helpful information, and the observation that people come back and ask questions because they see other people get "interesting and informative" responses.

Yellow alert :)
    THREAD DERAILED (AGAIN) ALERT TRIGGERED

sorry Diomede64, this is no place for optimism!
    I am going to have to take two stars off your cuff I=links,
    just after I finish brewing an Ale for Pam, using DADA_universe's special recipe ;)
    Nice render btw DADA_universe!

edited December 1969

I see nuthin

I'm surprised at you Wendy! Seeing nuffin. :) Joe has been doing some carefully researched and deeply informative stuff on layering and render passes in the compositing thread. Even I learnt something (about uvee passes) ;)

Of course I have to log out to see it..... .......

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Even I learnt something (about uvee passes) ;)

Wow, I'm honored. Even Headwax learned something. :) :)

I'm always amazed at how so many people "already knew" about stuff....well, after you explain it to them in detail.. :) :)