Carrra crashing on loading Octane plugin

teknostormteknostorm Posts: 163
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I bought octane and rendered my first video with it successfully (1:50 minutes long) and was very happy with Octane.

However now when I'm opening the same project, Carrara is crashing as soon as I open Octane. When I'm starting a new empty project and then loading Octane, again Carrara crashes everytime. I have restarted my PC and tried.

Config - Carrara 8.5, latest octane plugin, windows 7 64 bit, PC core i7 16 GB Ram, Nvidia graphics card.

Error message -

----------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Carrara.exe
Application Version: 8.5.0.243
Application Timestamp: 520e3965
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.17206
Fault Module Timestamp: 50e669a2
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00000000000335a2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e7ce
Additional Information 2: e7ce883d5856ac81e79846fe730d206f
Additional Information 3: 7c75
Additional Information 4: 7c753af25cefc064fb70bef2dd044e24

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

----------------------------------------

Has anyone encountered this and can advise?

Comments

• teknostormteknostorm Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

P.S. My Octane plugin version is the 2.17 stable release not the 2.22 test release.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

Maybe try the latest stable release, I have the one listed with download in the Octane Carrara forum with the out of core textures and it is the best one I have used so far, it can handle much bigger scenes,
    clean out your temp folder in documents DAZ 3D too and edit consolidate textures before opening Octane remove unused textures.
    Always do this even using Carrara render.
    my only limit is my system and graphics card, while OK, is only 2GB a lot of users have 4GB ones or more.
    the only thing that continues to give me issues is Carrara trees, can use a couple and replicate as many times as I want but more and it will find the scene too big and give a message saying so after a long time trying.
    Mesh trees from my runtime are fine, I have built up quite a large collection of DAZ and PA trees these last months sales!

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

I bought octane and rendered my first video with it successfully (1:50 minutes long) and was very happy with Octane.

However now when I'm opening the same project, Carrara is crashing as soon as I open Octane. When I'm starting a new empty project and then loading Octane, again Carrara crashes everytime. I have restarted my PC and tried.

Config - Carrara 8.5, latest octane plugin, windows 7 64 bit, PC core i7 16 GB Ram, Nvidia graphics card.

Has anyone encountered this and can advise?

Your system spec is similar to mine. I too encountered a load then crash issue which was then resolved.

Scroll down to post no.4 of my topic on the OR4C forum...
    https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=45410

• teknostormteknostorm Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Thanks wendycatz, that worked! Downloaded the latest release and it's fine now. I think my version was 217066 while the latest is 217068.

This was the problem that was messing it up -

"This is a patch for 2.17 that fixes a nasty bug in the Error Log subsystem. This bug caused Carrara to crash whenever the Octane Engine reported an error. This can happen when the viewport is initially paused."

Mythmaker, thanks for the advise but I think our errors were different.