Toon Generations Questions , Crossdresser, Morph Loading on New Clothes , Any Ideas ;)

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
edited April 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi a few questions about http://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-base by. 3D Universe.
I'd read of people having trouble with 3d universe's figures in Carrara but I went and bought them anyway.

I'm not terribly fond of the heads but I want to use the bodies and design some characters with custom heads to place on the neck joints

The characters work well in Carrara though I read in another forum the rigging methodology is a little unusual.

My questions:

I bought Evil innocence cross dresser to transfer some eg M4 cloths to Toon Generations.
After transferring them I take the new clothes into poser and use the copy morphs from one figure (the toon generation humanoid figure) to the new clothes.

Still in Poser I adjust the base figure mesh (Toons generation) with morphs and then match the morphs with the conformed clothes.
In poser all works well.

But when I bring it into Carrara as either a saved Poser scene or as a stand alone figure ( the new clothing)
then the newly applied morphs don't work. IE the clothing doesn't fit unless the figure is zeroed and I cant morph the clothing separately as I can in poser.

The only thing I can do is to make a custom morph in Poser (via the morph tool) and use that to fit the cloth to my figure, that morph will come over to Carrara without problems .

Any answers or workarounds appreciated.

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

I find lots of morphs get locked on Poser imports
    my only solution is reload the morphs if you have a separate way of doing so, saving each as morphs in Poser one way but for XD clothes I just load them after conversion in Carrara without using Poser at all
    I only have M4 and V4 licenses though
    M4 and V4 always need morphs + readded in carrara

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited April 2015

thanks Wendy, yes I have the m4 and v4 morphs as well (Cross dresser) but Poser has a handy feature to let you copy morphs from eg m4 to the new clothing - I think Daz studio does as well?

when you say "M4 and V4 always need morphs + readded in carrara" I take it you are referring to an eg M4 brought in from poser?

If not using Poser what do you do about adjusting the joint fall off zones in the converted clothes (where the vertexies stick out especially at the elbow)/?

With the Toon Generations locked morphs in the crossdressed clothing maybe I could try Fenric's figure unlocker ??

Post edited by Headwax on
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

But when I bring it into Carrara as either a saved Poser scene or as a stand alone figure ( the new clothing)
    then the newly applied morphs don't work. IE the clothing doesn't fit unless the figure is zeroed and I cant morph the clothing separately as I can in poser.

The only thing I can do is to make a custom morph in Poser (via the morph tool) and use that to fit the cloth to my figure, that morph will come over to Carrara without problems .

Any answers or workarounds appreciated.

Genesis imports to Carrara have similar custom morph access issue. Poser imports probably have better luck with workarounds.

I glimpsed some custom morph making tips here in this excellent Diomede64 topic and managed to create custom morphs for my Genesis imports. See post no.7 and onwards.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29483/

edited December 1969

yes M4 and V4 from Poser have locked morphs
    so assume any figure would and clothes
    and morph issue in clothing I do not have as I use morphing clothes by D3D which I bought years ago.
    DAZ has transfer active morphs but never found it as good
    as I said you may need to save those morphs out as pz2 files to reload

edited December 1969

thanks Mythmaker, I'll check that out, obliged.

thanks Wendy, a pz2 file ahh, so you mean store it as complete figure where the morphs are frozen in ? ( sorry for my stupidity)

I know my way round Poser, but I don't know my way round Poser, if you know what I mean ;)

edited December 1969

Yes saved as complete figures the morphs are indeed frozen in Carrara even expressions sadly.
    It can also happing sometimes in a pz3 scene too.
    That is what I guess was happening.
    My suggestion is to save each morph as a pz2, a pose file you can reload on the figure in Carrara rather tedious if there are many, maybe there is a way in Poser to make a batch load like inject all morphs but I do not know it.

edited December 1969

thank you Wendy! I will try that!