Are there any bodypaint shaders?

kwanniekwannie Posts: 865
edited February 2022 in Product Suggestions

I thought I had seen some freebie bodypaint maps for G3f on Sharecg or Deviant, but I cannot locate them anymore. Are there any bodypaint shaders or any techniques for Gimp that can produce a bodypaint look. I have a funny fish costume that I am thinking about doing that requires a full bodypaint base. I saw the bodypaint product for G8 but it looks like it does certain portions of the body and has kind of a chalky look to it and it was over $22.00 which I would prefer not to spend for one render. Any Ideas?  Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Possibilities:  Apply the body paint with an opacity map to a geoshell or as a LIE map over the figure, apply the body paint as a layer over skin in the paint program. You might want textures for gloss/specular amount and reflection amount as well.

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is a request for, not an offer of, a freebie.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Apply to the Diffuse Overlay to really look like body paint.

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

jestmart what is the Diffuse Overlay? Do you mean a layer in the difuse L.I.E ?

• kwannie said:

jestmart what is the Diffuse Overlay? Do you mean a layer in the difuse L.I.E ?

Diffuse Overlay is a property in the Iray Uber Base shader. As it's name implies, it adds a second layer of colour, possibly mapped and possibly governed by a strength map, to the diffuse channel.

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Thanks Richard, I just used Gimp and the the paint brush tool. Looks good enough.