GeoShell not transferring to unreal properly

I am having an issue with the geoshell material not fully covering the character when it is moved over to Unreal.  I have ported over the Morph targets as well and to no avail.  Anyone have some insight on what must be done for it to work?

Comments

• Does Unreal even have an equivalent function?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited February 2022

no, I got caught out by a product using geoshell makeup 

you end up with an extra static fullbody mesh

which is not unexpected except I didn't know the character used geoshell makeup before exporting 

your best solution to this is to use layered image editor instead or combine the textures in an image editor like Photoshop or Gimp

if it uses cutout opacity you will need to convert them into png files with alpha for LIE so just doing it all in a separate image editor is likely easier 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited February 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

no, I got caught out by a product using geoshell makeup 

you end up with an extra static fullbody mesh

which is not unexpected except I didn't know the character used geoshell makeup before exporting 

your best solution to this is to use layered image editor instead or combine the textures in an image editor like Photoshop or Gimp

if it uses cutout opacity you will need to convert them into png files with alpha for LIE so just doing it all in a separate image editor is likely easier 

LIE alows the use of masks on a layer, so you should be able to use the opacity map there without needing to covnert to a PNG with alpha (select the layer with the image and when you click the + to add a new layer there will be an Add Mask option - set the resource to be the opacity map). Where the system wil break down is if the materials on the geometry Shell use different UVs from those on the base figure (that would require using another 3D application to bake from one set of UVs to the other).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • good to know and map transfer would work so one can stay in DAZ to do that too