How can I hide all objects at once?

michaelolsonmichaelolson Posts: 117
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've made objects composed of many parts. All the parts are parented to the main object. I'd like a way to hide them ( basically the whole object ) without having to click off each individual eye icon. Since they are parented, you would think that by clicking the main eye icon it should do this but it doesn't. Does anyone know of a way to get this done?

Thank you.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Method 1: Expand the items in the Scene pane, click on the first, Shift-click on the last so they're all selected, then go to the Parameters pane and set Visible to Off.
    Method 2: Create a New Group with the items in it, then making the Group invisible will do it to all of them.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Method 1: Expand the items in the Scene pane, click on the first, Shift-click on the last so they're all selected, then go to the Parameters pane and set Visible to Off.
    Method 2: Create a New Group with the items in it, then making the Group invisible will do it to all of them.

I like method 2. It also works for lights, parts of a 'set'/background/environment...furniture in a room can be one group with the room itself another.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited December 1969

This is really helpful when you have areas you want to "turn off" for better angles. I use it quite a bit.