DIM not finding new products

tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi All,

I've just discovered after buying a bunch of new products about 1 hour ago that DIM is not updating with them and so I can't download them.

Has anyone else noticed this as well, or is it just happening with my account?

Normally I'd just wait until Monday and log a report with the tech people, but the products I bought were so that I could test out various PAs who's products I'm thinking of buying more of in the weekend sale, so if I wait until Monday the sale will obviously be over and I'll lose the chance.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited April 2015

It normally takes a few hours before any new items I have bought appear in DIM, even during the day DAZ time.

Give it a little while, and they will appear.

If that doesn't work, or you need them urgently, you can go to your Product Library, and click on the link to download using DIM, and it will open an instance of DIM which only shows the product you are downloading.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jimmy.

It sometimes takes a few hours does it? I've never known it to take longer than about 5 mins, but then I've only been buying stuff for the last 5 months, so maybe I've just been lucky. I'll give it a little longer then.

I did try using the "Download this product's Install Manager Ready files" but it didn't work either.

In trying that though I have found that the "Manual" download is working, so that'll do.

Thanks for the advice :)

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

DIM is simply not downloading any of the products that I purchased. It pulls up the order but when I try to have it download , it fails. I have tried multiple times over the last 20 minutes with no success.

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited April 2015

Daikatana said:
    DIM is simply not downloading any of the products that I purchased. It pulls up the order but when I try to have it download , it fails. I have tried multiple times over the last 20 minutes with no success.

Heres what I did:

Got to your account on the Daz website and view the order you can't download.
    Each item in the order will have an option to download it manually - I used this and it works fine still.
    Then I moved all downloaded zip file packages into my "DAZ3D > InstallManager > Downloads" folder.
    Then open up DIM, look under "Ready to Install" tab and the packages should be there available to install correctly.
    Install them all as usual with DIM.

Hope this helps :)

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There were problems yesterday for a lot of people with DIM not logging in to the store at all. It was working again by the end of the day.

Can you be more specific about the problem? Can you see the items in the Ready to Download tab, does it try to download them, and then fails before they get to the Ready to Install tab?

I just bought some items a few minutes ago, and they all appeared in the Ready to Download tab, and all downloaded and installed without any problem. That is the quickest I have ever seen DIM showing my recently purchased items.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,386
    edited December 1969

There were problems yesterday for a lot of people with DIM not logging in to the store at all. It was working again by the end of the day.

Can you be more specific about the problem? Can you see the items in the Ready to Download tab, does it try to download them, and then fails before they get to the Ready to Install tab?

I just bought some items a few minutes ago, and they all appeared in the Ready to Download tab, and all downloaded and installed without any problem. That is the quickest I have ever seen DIM showing my recently purchased items.

It may still be a problem for some today; see this new thread in Commons:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/55099/