Can we expect new characters for G3M?

I know that once a new Genesis comes out, almost all development on previous generations normally stops because everyone wants the latest and greatest. However, I propose that there is still some benefit to produce things for previous generations. For one thing, there will be less competion. If a partner puts out a new character, they are competing agaist a huge number of other characters but there would be less competition when releasing something for a previous generation.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

I highly doubt it since I feel DAZ wants to focus on the latest and greatest and probably wouldn't accept older generation characters for the store. Might see one or two show up at Rendo though.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

There might be less competition but the number of potential customers would be much smaller as a good number of them don't purchase items for older figures anymore.
    That's why releases for older figures stop after a while when a new one is available, new content for older figures simply doesn't sell enough anymore to be worth making.

• Think Leanna's right. However, Riversoft Art does a script to take G8M characters across to G3M - here https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-8-male-to-genesis-3-male

The G3F to G8F one by RiverSoft Art does the business, so I imaging the other way will work well.

Regards

Richard

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Some vendors make characters that work on both G8 and G3. Off the top of my head, Adam Thwaites and Rhiannon.