Projection Morph Manager (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Introducing Projection Morph Manager.

When an item is auto-fitted to a figure, be it hair, clothing, or accessories, all of the figure's active morphs are projected onto the item so that it fits the figure as best as possible. Sometimes the results are acceptable, but sometimes you need more control over these projections.

Projection Morph Manager offers flexibility and control for a fit that suits your needs. Now you can select an item, view all the projection morphs it contains, and modify them to get more customized results or an even better fit. Dial-up the details you want, or dial out the ones you don't, the choice is yours.

Script Features -

- Compatible with all Genesis figures.
- Compatible with all items that are auto-fitted to figure.
- Only shows projection morphs that directly affect the selected Item.
- Displays projection morphs on fitted items with matching slider accuracy including thumbnails.
- Projection Morph sliders on items are linked to all of their sub-sliders and behave the same as on figure.
- Ability to restore items' original projections from the figure, or use last modified state from the viewport.

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 913K
Popup_2.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_3.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_4.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_5.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_6.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1017K
Popup_7.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0 said:

Placeholder thread for now....nothing to see here.....

Tease!  

• You got my attention!

• What is a projection morph?

• shootybear said:

What is a projection morph?

When you set a morph Daz Studio checks all fitted items to see if they have a matching morph - if they do, that is applied; if they don't Daz Studio projects the morph into the fitted item, usually trying to keep the same relationshipt between the vertices of the fitted item and the the morphed figure as in the rest state but if there is a projection morph it will instead match that, which can give better results (for example, a muscle morph could have a smoothed version as a projection morph to avoid clothes geting sucked into the ridges between muscle strands).

• StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 57

Yes please!  Take my money!

• Hopefully this tool provides a way to eliminate shrink wrapped clothing in a fast and efficient way.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Thread updated with product details in first post.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

MUST....BUY.....!

Zev0, you've outdone yourself!

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

YES! I need this. Thank you.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    Is this for auto fit or auto follow morphs? The text says auto fit, but the examples all look like auto follow morphs.
    edited March 2022

Works on any item that has been Fitted to figure. Basically any item that follows figure shape.

Capture.JPG
    413 x 492 - 31K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Can't wait to take this out for a test drive! When will it go live in the Daz store?

edited March 2022

Waiting for a release date. I hope during March Madness still...We shall see...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

In DS at the moment I can see the projection morphs under Actor if I select show hidden properties. These I can then manipulate to dial them out or stronger etc. I assume this product is adding something other than unhiding those morphs?

edited March 2022

It is those, but they all randomly populated in DS. The script allows you to arrange them via dial strength, product or list via body part, and also it restores morph linking. EG if figure has morph A which drives morph B, the standard projections have no linking. The script maintains these. Also the grey hidden text is very hard to read.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Zev0 said:

It is those, but they all randomly populated in DS. The script allows you to arrange them via dial strength, product or list via body part, and also it restores morph linking. EG if figure has morph A which drives morph B, the standard projections have no linking. The script maintains these. Also the grey hidden text is very hard to read.

And that is why the product is called a Manager. yes

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Thanks for the examples of usage. Changing projection morphs on-the-fly/willy nilly can cause unforeseen issues later that become worse since I've forgotten what I did to cause them.

Rosa Maria 8.1's feet distort shoes, but she doesn't come with a foot neutralizer. Simply dialing her back on the shoes has not been the panacea I'd hoped. Maybe this will save the day.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I got this in my cart, can't wait to use it!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Thank you for this utility.  I was looking for something like this to fix ear hair for a leprechaun recently (Happy St. Patrick's Day).  yes

• jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited March 2022

hi ;)

Maybe I'm using it wrong but when I run a simulation, the properties that have been changed are not taken into account...

a solution please?

sorry i use a translator

Post edited by jesusaramenes on
  • M_FindtM_Findt Posts: 29

Hello,

I think I need some help. Since there is no manual with the product I would like to ask for help here.

What exactly do I have to do to use the product, I always get only "NO PROJECTION MORPHES...." displayed when I select the clothes.

Is there any guidance available?

Thanks and greetings,

Michael

• M_FindtM_Findt Posts: 29

M_Findt said:

Hello,

I think I need some help. Since there is no manual with the product I would like to ask for help here.

What exactly do I have to do to use the product, I always get only "NO PROJECTION MORPHES...." displayed when I select the clothes.

Is there any guidance available?

Thanks and greetings,

Michael

Sorry, I got it, thans

jesusaramenes said:

hi ;)

Maybe I'm using it wrong but when I run a simulation, the properties that have been changed are not taken into account...

a solution please?

sorry i use a translator

Hi. Are you talking about Dforce simulation? Because I just ran a simulation and the script still works. Maybe I need to understand the situation better?

• HighlandHighland Posts: 123
    edited March 2022

Looks nice. Adding to my cart.

Aside: who is the figure in the promo images?

Post edited by Highland on

Hi. It's just a custom character I made up some time ago.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 149
    edited March 2022

So, does this product show all hidden morphs applied to any clothes ?

What I'd like to know is if I can get all the morph values applied to any clothes including armors and suits to any character in DAZ so that I could apply those same values at runtime in a 3D Engine like Unreal Engine for a game project. 

I'd like to have a series of runtime user changeable clothes,armors,suits in games in Unreal Engine but due to the obviously need to apply correct morphs for any given character that would mean having to export any set of clothes from DAZ that is applied to each and every character. So having something like 100 characters and 100 sets of clothes would mean having to export each set for each character to mantain the correct morph values for a proper fit.

Instead if I had access to all hidden morphs values that are applied to any clothes I could export a set once and just set the values at runtime inside Unreal Engine for the clothes to fit each character correctly. Just a single export and then whatever database or list of morph values to be re-applied by code at runtime.

Is this script then allowing me to do just that revealing all the hidden morph values that I would need to achieve a single export for a set of clothes ?

Post edited by DarkS474 on
    edited March 2022

"So, does this product show all hidden morphs applied to any clothes ?"

Yes. With added display functionality and sorting for editing.

"What I'd like to know is if I can get all the morph values applied to any clothes including armors and suits to any character in DAZ so that I could apply those same values at runtime in a 3D Engine like Unreal Engine for a game project. "

Not familiar with how Unreal Engine works in that department, but doesn't the clothing fit the figure if the figure and clothes are exported from studio?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • HighlandHighland Posts: 123

Zev0 said:

Hi. It's just a custom character I made up some time ago.

Hi. Reminds me of a younger Angelina Jolie.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 149

Zev0 said:

"So, does this product show all hidden morphs applied to any clothes ?"

Yes. With added display functionality and sorting for editing.

"What I'd like to know is if I can get all the morph values applied to any clothes including armors and suits to any character in DAZ so that I could apply those same values at runtime in a 3D Engine like Unreal Engine for a game project. "

Not familiar with how Unreal Engine works in that department, but doesn't the clothing fit the figure if the figure and clothes are exported from studio?

As far as I know all either c++ plugins or blueprint codes on the marketplace for Unreal Engine need to have the morphing values applied for a correct fit of clothes to be added to a character at runtime.

Ah ok. We will look into it..Technically the projection morphs are morphed values, maybe there a way to have them registered as well as actual native clothing morphs.