4.20 Render problem

I think everyone experineces same problem or similar. In the attach file RC01 before 4.20, RC02 with 4.20. Nvidia verion 511.65 New version brings new problem. Also I got some texture missing message.

RC01.png
1024 x 768 - 1M
RC02.png
1024 x 768 - 198K

Comments

• same studio driver, no problems...

missing textures its something not related to iray.

Check which textures are missing, maybe some opacity/luminosity of the candles?

• Missing textures is Eye textures. Textures not important but render lights is problem. Thank you.

• The lighting is probably down to the change in the way opacity is mixed with luminosity.

• No. I dont think so. I always save my scen and open for working. It was working before. My guess it is related the new version.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Does your scene uses emissive objects to light it? Because as Richard mentioned, there are changes on how these work in the new version of Iray included in 4.20

• Yes it have emissive objects. For exemple candels, some outdor lightings. I may have misunderstood Richard. May I fix it my scens?

edited February 2022

You probably need to make the luminosity of some of those emissive surfaces way higher: light emitted by a surface is now multiplied by the cutout opacity of said surface (which could be useful if you have an emissive surface with holes for example), so transparent surfaces will emit far less light than they used to.

Post edited by Leana on
  • 

If it is as you say, many products are not working properly. We will have to make separate settings for each. I'm really sorry a lot of my hard work wasted. there must be another technical solution. I atteched 3 pics. BC01 before 4.2, BC02 after 4.2, BC03 increased illumination of some emissive (outdor 70000 instead of 7000, some candels 1200 instead of 120 etc.. )

BC01.png
    1024 x 576 - 700K
    BC02.png
    1024 x 768 - 471K
    BC03.png
    1024 x 768 - 681K

Yes, many products which took advantage of the old behaviour don't work the same now and will require adjustments.

The script in this thread might help: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/548061/iray-ghost-light-fix-dse-for-daz-studio-4-20-o-later#latest

• The problem is likely that the flames are squares with an opacity map - before, the whole square was emiting light, now only the flame area is.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The problem is likely that the flames are squares with an opacity map - before, the whole square was emiting light, now only the flame area is.

Then all such products should be redesigned by artists. otherwise we cannot adjust for each scene. because we are not that professional.

• ExpozuresExpozures Posts: 216
    edited February 2022

gergun91_e50ddd5a25 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The problem is likely that the flames are squares with an opacity map - before, the whole square was emiting light, now only the flame area is.

Then all such products should be redesigned by artists. otherwise we cannot adjust for each scene. because we are not that professional.

Relax.  I'm sure that these issues will be corrected over time.  4.20 was only just released, and I'm sure there's going to be some weird glitches in it.  For example, saying that textures are missing.  I'm having that issue too.  I notified the vendor about the issue, since it seems to affect most of the products in their store.

Just make note of the issue, report it, find a work around and move on.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

In the scen on the right side (lg02), I increased all candels's light power 10 times, but as you see luminosity is same. How can fix I dont know.

lg01.png
    1600 x 900 - 552K
    lg02.png
    1600 x 900 - 543K
    Post edited by gergun91_e50ddd5a25 on
  • This looks like one of the ROG sets - StrangeFate is updating this set and hopefully some of their other products due to their use of Ghostlights that are not working in 4.20

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86541/strangefate-s-stuff-fantasy-home-entrance-promos/p34

• Rauko just released a video about fixing ghost lights.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

That's not the best attitude my friend, PA's are at the whim of NVIDIA and Daz just like everyone else. We can't anticipate coming changes or things that will break, just react.

For any of the ROG products, just open a scene, run this script from within Daz and it should fix all the 4.20 lighting problems for now. We're all still waiting to hear from Daz about how to actually proceed about this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1al8jpzddj1kmmp/ROGLightSolution.zip?dl=0

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Hi! Does anyone know where is Cinema 4D Bridge in Daz 4.20?

• I updated to 4.20 and its not rendering at all. Can someone help me with this. I checked my video drivers and everything is fine. 

• This release is an absolute nightmare, 4.20 is incredibly slow at rendering. Errors initiating IRAY and a tendency to not use the GPU when rendering. Wow...next stable version of DAZ I will not be upgrading it any longer until I get a lot of news on the upgrade not being garbage like this one. What a disappointment, I have invested a lot of money over the years in Daz content, to have something that is basically worthless released is infuriating. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, switched Nvidia drivers. Nothing helps the general garbage rendering quality. Is thie Nvidia's faul or bad Daz coding I wonder? Daz needs a 4.16 rollback option with this release so we can function while they sort this junk out.

If you think I am being unreasonable, I have paid enough over the years to be unreasonable. Software needs to work right, every time. Period.

• rponto_bbb16e063b said:

This release is an absolute nightmare, 4.20 is incredibly slow at rendering. Errors initiating IRAY and a tendency to not use the GPU when rendering. Wow...next stable version of DAZ I will not be upgrading it any longer until I get a lot of news on the upgrade not being garbage like this one. What a disappointment, I have invested a lot of money over the years in Daz content, to have something that is basically worthless released is infuriating. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, switched Nvidia drivers. Nothing helps the general garbage rendering quality. Is thie Nvidia's faul or bad Daz coding I wonder? Daz needs a 4.16 rollback option with this release so we can function while they sort this junk out.

If you think I am being unreasonable, I have paid enough over the years to be unreasonable. Software needs to work right, every time. Period.

Have you ironed out the issues yet? You're not alone, I'm experiencing the same issues and am unable to use 4.20 for time being. I have to revert to 4.16 to be able to render.

• rponto_bbb16e063b said:

This release is an absolute nightmare, 4.20 is incredibly slow at rendering. Errors initiating IRAY and a tendency to not use the GPU when rendering. Wow...next stable version of DAZ I will not be upgrading it any longer until I get a lot of news on the upgrade not being garbage like this one. What a disappointment, I have invested a lot of money over the years in Daz content, to have something that is basically worthless released is infuriating. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, switched Nvidia drivers. Nothing helps the general garbage rendering quality. Is thie Nvidia's faul or bad Daz coding I wonder? Daz needs a 4.16 rollback option with this release so we can function while they sort this junk out.

Looks like I found a fix, however, it is nonsense. I copied only the folders from 4.16 to 4.20 and the render works as fast as 4.16! Do not copy the files in the root directory but only the folders from bin to shaders. Try that and see if it works on your end. What's weird is some of my icons are now showing up. Seems the problem is if you don't see GPU Iray statistics at the beginning of the rendering, then it is toast. With folders from 4.16  copied over to 4.20, the statistics are showing.

• odysseyowl said:

rponto_bbb16e063b said:

Looks like I found a fix, however, it is nonsense. I copied only the folders from 4.16 to 4.20 and the render works as fast as 4.16! Do not copy the files in the root directory but only the folders from bin to shaders. Try that and see if it works on your end. What's weird is some of my icons are now showing up. Seems the problem is if you don't see GPU Iray statistics at the beginning of the rendering, then it is toast. With folders from 4.16  copied over to 4.20, the statistics are showing.

Well, you have rolled back Iray to the previous version - I would be very wary about that, if DS ios expecting a certain feature or providing data in a certain format that has changed between the two versions you could well have a failed render, or worse.

• Strangefate said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That's not the best attitude my friend, PA's are at the whim of NVIDIA and Daz just like everyone else. We can't anticipate coming changes or things that will break, just react.

For any of the ROG products, just open a scene, run this script from within Daz and it should fix all the 4.20 lighting problems for now. We're all still waiting to hear from Daz about how to actually proceed about this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1al8jpzddj1kmmp/ROGLightSolution.zip?dl=0A ;

A question pops to mind.... when did daz know this change was going to be in the new version? 
    So basically when did the info get out? And as noted this could have been addressed right in the controls for opacity and light levels ... without need of any "user facing files". 
    There are a number of free scripts etc to fix in ...
    computers do what they're told... so the new 4.20 does what it was told to do with the lights.. and we have scripts that adjust for that change... I wonder why the equivelent of that script wasn't simple coded into the 4.20... as the opacity is cranked down the output is cranked up? This is what programming is about.  

• alan bard newcomer said:

Strangefate said:

Richard Haseltine said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1al8jpzddj1kmmp/ROGLightSolution.zip?dl=0A ;

A question pops to mind.... when did daz know this change was going to be in the new version? 
    So basically when did the info get out? And as noted this could have been addressed right in the controls for opacity and light levels ... without need of any "user facing files". 
    There are a number of free scripts etc to fix in ...
    computers do what they're told... so the new 4.20 does what it was told to do with the lights.. and we have scripts that adjust for that change... I wonder why the equivelent of that script wasn't simple coded into the 4.20... as the opacity is cranked down the output is cranked up? This is what programming is about.  

The scriptsd are partial workarounds, not absolute fixes (as you would see if you read any of ther posts relating to them). That's is not necessarily something people would want happening in the background.