Extreme Closeup: Freckles for Genesis 2 Female(s) [commercial]

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,428
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Presenting...... Extreme Closeup: Freckles for Genesis 2 Female(s). A Layered Image Editor Preset to add realistic freckles and beauty spots to any Genesis 2 Female character in your Runtime. Included are presets for 4 skin tone types; Pale, Very Pale, Tanned & Dark.

Mix and match all the options available, layer them on top of one another for infinite options.

This Product uses the Genesis 2 Base Female UV Maps.

What's Included and Features

168 L.I.E. Freckle Presets:
42 Very Pale Skin
42 Pale Skin
42 Tanned Skin
42 Dark Skin
02 Full Body Freckle Options

26 Face & Lips:
08 Beauty Spots
10 Faces
06 Full Faces
02 Nose Only

09 Hands, Legs, Feet & Arms:

1 Left Arm
1 Both Arms
1 Both Feet
1 Both Hands
2 Left Legs
2 Right Legs
1 Both Legs

05 Torso & Neck:

2 Full Torsos
Neck Freckles
2 Neck Only

This product uses the Genesis 2 Base Female UV Maps

http://www.daz3d.com/extreme-closeup-freckles-for-genesis-2-female-s

Remember, you get an additional 50% off my back catalog when you purchase this product. :) (For a limited time only, so sorry if you missed it)

Enjoy!

Anna

Promo09.jpg
700 x 910 - 343K
Promo04.jpg
700 x 910 - 268K
Promo08.jpg
700 x 910 - 357K
Promo01abcd.jpg
910 x 700 - 245K
LargeMainPromo1300x1000.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 309K

Comments

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Love freckles! Will this work with iRAY?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,395
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

LIE presets should work with Iray.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,428
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

Yes, it's just a LIE preset overlay, IRAY is just another render engine. So since these aren't shader based IRAY will not change the way they render in any way.

See attached image!

Taadaaaaaaa!!! Shown is Full body freckles, with two beauty spots and additional freckles across the nose. Please pardon the crappy render.

0101.png
    400 x 520 - 234K
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

Yes, it's just a LIE preset overlay, IRAY is just another render engine. So since these aren't shader based IRAY will not change the way they render in any way.

See attached image!

Taadaaaaaaa!!! Shown is Full body freckles, with two beauty spots and additional freckles across the nose. Please pardon the crappy render.

Fantastic! It looks great and is now in my cart. Thanks for testing this out.

I really appreciate you making this test because I've asked this question to other PA's about their newly released products and they often give a very non-committal answer like, "Maybe", "I haven't tested it" or "you can always return it if it doesn't work" which is really annoying this close to an iRAY release! Of course I immediately remove it from my cart. If they can't be bothered to test their own product then why would anyone else? Excuse my OT mini rant but it's happened quite a lot recently.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

See attached image!

Fantastic! It looks great and is now in my cart. Thanks for testing this out.

I really appreciate you making this test because I've asked this question to other PA's about their newly released products and they often give a very non-committal answer like, "Maybe", "I haven't tested it" or "you can always return it if it doesn't work" which is really annoying this close to an iRAY release! Of course I immediately remove it from my cart. If they can't be bothered to test their own product then why would anyone else? Excuse my OT mini rant but it's happened quite a lot recently.

In fairness to the other PAs, IRay is still in beta. So something that once worked in IRay when the product was originally released, may not work at all once the final release of IRay is released to PAs & the Public. We don't know how much it'll improve and what new features will be added. They give those "maybe" and "I haven't tested it" generic answers, because we're pretty much as clueless as the customers are. A response we give to a customer, may not be relevant to the newest IRay release in the future. So it's pretty hard to commit to an answer when things have the potential of changing.

I hope you understand.

I'm pleased you like the set. Feel free to pop any renders you do in this thread. There'll be more 'extreme closeup' products popping up in the future. ;-)

edited December 1969

Once I get a chance I'll post some renders. I see what you mean about iRAY but even a quick test in the current beta would be much appreciated by many of us.

If you get round to it, a version for G2M would be great! Also one for rashes and infections would be really useful for medical and horror/sci-fi scenes. Even some kind of skin imperfections one would be useful for adding more realism to skin renders. I imagine the potential is unlimited.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Once I get a chance I'll post some renders. I see what you mean about iRAY but even a quick test in the current beta would be much appreciated by many of us.

If you get round to it, a version for G2M would be great! Also one for rashes and infections would be really useful for medical and horror/sci-fi scenes. Even some kind of skin imperfections one would be useful for adding more realism to skin renders. I imagine the potential is unlimited.

ill try to make a gen2m version, but I'd like to see how well the female version sells first. Then we'll see.

Keep your eyes on the store as there'll be a male pack from me very soon, which follows a thug/prisoners violence theme.... ;-)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this beautiful set!
    I have a lot of G2F characters who don't use the G2F UV set, but different ones, like V5, Monique 6, etc, I get visible seams in renders.
    Is there a way to use the frecles on these other UV sets?
    I've attached Monique 6 as an example

MoniqueFreckles.JPG
    1005 x 601 - 54K
    edited December 1969

You can manually go into LIEs editor and move the freckles around to fit the v6 or v5 shapes. Or use the mix and match singular options to create a seamless finish for other UVs. I chose the gen2f uv as its the most used by vendors and it wasn't realistic to try support all available UV. If i triftried to support them all I'd never have finished the set.

I'm not the pc now, to double check as its nearly 11pm. Im on my tablet & I'm off to bed now but I'll happily double check for you in the morning.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,395
    edited December 1969

You could also use Map Transfer to make new versions of the maps, but then you'd have to rebuild the LIE presets to use those.

edited December 1969

You could also use Map Transfer to make new versions of the maps, but then you'd have to rebuild the LIE presets to use those.

Even with map transfer there's no guarantee that there'll be a seamless result.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:

ill try to make a gen2m version, but I'd like to see how well the female version sells first. Then we'll see.

Keep your eyes on the store as there'll be a male pack from me very soon, which follows a thug/prisoners violence theme.... ;-)

I'll be waiting with anticipation. Thugs and prisoners sounds great - something different from all those 20 something DAZ male models hopefully?

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

I'll be waiting with anticipation. Thugs and prisoners sounds great - something different from all those 20 something DAZ male models hopefully?

Most definitely different. I can't say more, as I like to save the releases as more of a surprise.... but expect big things.... ;)

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

Most definitely different. I can't say more, as I like to save the releases as more of a surprise.... but expect big things.... ;)

Add a "purple bags under the eyes" - evil-Masterminds-don't-sleep style to it, and I'm sold. :-)

edited December 1969

You can manually go into LIEs editor and move the freckles around to fit the v6 or v5 shapes. Or use the mix and match singular options to create a seamless finish for other UVs. I chose the gen2f uv as its the most used by vendors and it wasn't realistic to try support all available UV. If i triftried to support them all I'd never have finished the set.

I'm not the pc now, to double check as its nearly 11pm. Im on my tablet & I'm off to bed now but I'll happily double check for you in the morning.

Okay, I'll look into that and let you know what works when I'm at my PC at home again. :-)
    I do love the freckles, they give the character mor "character".

• 3anson3anson Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

a quick render in Iray.
    Freckles applied to our character 'Deanne G2F' :-):coolsmile:

freckles_test_1-Iray.jpg
    885 x 857 - 357K
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:

Okay, I'll look into that and let you know what works when I'm at my PC at home again. :-)
    I do love the freckles, they give the character mor "character".

Cool, let me know how you get on. :)

edited April 2015

Okay... I've tested around a bit and here's what I found:
    applying the "single" freckle sets generally gives a good result on all character UVs. The problem starts when you use the preset, i.e. Preset 01 which has the "darker" freckles.
    When I look into the LIE settings, I can see that the second freckle layer doesn't fit very well for some parts of the skin, while the weaker layer used in the single application looks to be much more on spot.
    Maybe expanding the second freckle layer so it covers a bit more space beyond the basic G2F UV parts would solve the compatibility problem?

(Note: I have used the very dark skin version on pale skin to better illustrate the issues.)

Giafull.JPG
    773 x 585 - 53K
    Giapartiallie.JPG
    826 x 782 - 55K
    Giafullie.JPG
    1701 x 851 - 133K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

You may not even have to increase the size. With the V6 UV one of the arms on the UV map was moved slightly when DAZ remapped her. The only way to fix it would be to remake the arm freckles map to be compatible with V6's UV, by shifting the freckles across for that one arm in photoshop or other editing software.That should fix it.

On a different note, I tested the skin-tone presets on characters DAZ made themselves. So there may be some variant on characters made by other PAs, so you may have to alter the freckle strengths depending on your needs. I just included four variants based on the most 4 popular skin-tones that DAZ has producted themselves.

edited December 1969

Yes, it probably is the easiest way. I have noticed that there are also b/w masks, do I have to change them to the other UV format, too, or just the colored ones?

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Yes, it probably is the easiest way. I have noticed that there are also b/w masks, do I have to change them to the other UV format, too, or just the colored ones?

Yes, they need changing too.

edited December 1969

Thank you. :-)
    I'll let you know when I have made the changes.