edited April 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Welcome to PC, USA

Utah.jpg
900 x 675 - 39K
Post edited by Retro Lad on

Comments

• LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

So now I can legally buy Bryce a drink in the US? ;-)

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 1969

Yeah!!! :)

Whereas my (unofficial) version is even 10 years older, see screenshot (**)!

Cheers to (shiny) Spheres!
    Hubert

(**) faked, I have to admit. ;)

ascii_bryce.gif
    640 x 480 - 56K
  • Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited April 2015

?

flash_59.jpg
    640 x 480 - 41K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,315
    edited April 2015

@hubert - that's a cool image. Brings back memories.

@FlashGarcia - oh dear, you too. I also started my 3D escapades with PovRay but failed utterly to write anything that made something. Went from there to TerraGen and that one worked fine for me. When I got some spare money, Bryce was next. Bryce is still the main application, I'm too stupid to make Carrara do what I want, even though I have all version from 3 up to 8. No success with Studio, either. Version 0.9 was fine but with each update my meager capabilities and Studio's requirements drifted further apart.

Post edited by Horo on
  • LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

So now I can legally buy Bryce a drink in the US?

Hmmm .... Is Bryce a Mormon, living in Utah and so forth? Well, if yes, then forget about the booze offer. Maybe a birthday gift of new tires for his ten speed bicycle, or a new suit.

LOL!

I'm guessing you haven't been to Utah? People take their drinking very seriously here, that's why they had microbreweries long before they started popping up on the east coast and have been winning brewery contests based on the taste alone for decades.

Maybe you didn't know that Utah was the deciding vote in repealing the 18th amendment and restoring legal liquor to the US :-). Over the past 25 years, the sale of beer, wine and liquor has become more and more normal in Utah when compared to other states. Many people also forget that there are plenty of places in the US with tighter restrictions on the sale of beer, wine and liquor than Utah. Delaware doesn't sell beer in convenience stores or supermarkets (probably because they can go to next door Maryland and get it!). Pennsylvania controls all sales of booze through "ABC" (alcoholic beverage control) stores run by the state. Plenty of places in the US ban the sale of alcohol altogether, but you won't find a single location in Utah on that list.

edited April 2015

What ever happened to the Golden TORI awards?
    I remember there were the TORI Bryce best render contests, when Bryce was still a kid..

http://www.mindscenes.com/goldentori/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

From the DAZ Forum ToS

Posts that appear to lead to debate on personal beliefs such as politics or religion will not be allowed. There are other forums for such discussions.
    edited April 2015

Meanwhile, at a Utah DAZ3D development conference.

PDVD_053b.jpg
    745 x 447 - 62K