Rendering a Bryce scene with IRay

LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Looking at the render thread the other day, I wondered what some of the scenes posted there would look like when rendered in IRay.

Yes, I know Bryce doesn't have IRay rendering.

The question is how would I go about attempting this if I wanted to build a scene in Bryce and render it with IRay in Studio. I'm a total n00b in Bryce and not much better at DAZ Studio, so please forgive my ignorance of details.

From what little I know, you'd have to export the Bryce scene as an OBJ to get the geometry into DAZ Studio. The next problem is the materials and environment. Would it be feasible to cook the environment into an HDRI and bake the materials into a texture?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Feasible yes... successful, highly doubtful.

On the whole, Bryce materials only work properly in Bryce and need a lot of work when exported because even though Bryce does make an attempt to bake the materials on, it really doesn't do a very good job of it.

Atmospheres or at least skies could in theory be exported as HDRI's but then there is I think a mapping issue.
    And the wonderful thing about Bryce is that the volumetric atmosphere interacts with the elements in the scene, which of course wouldn't happen with an HDRI. :-)