Shaderbuilder and Scripts

I have seen and verified that the parameters of a material or shader can be created using scripts to create a preset, and I have two questions:
1. How is this linked to the shader definition file with extension *.sl? On the surface of an object, there may be the parameters, but without the shader *.sl I don’t see how it will work.
2.- Can I get script access to shaderbuilder and create the "User Parameters" block as preset parameters are created?

The scripts I refer to are the samples of "DS3 daz script development kit" for shaders and materials.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

I am not familiar with Shader Builder, but if its components are similar to Shader Mixer (and they may not be), you could look at my MDL to Shader Converter script to see how I work with the DzUserParametersBrick.

• Omniflux said:

I am not familiar with Shader Builder, but if its components are similar to Shader Mixer (and they may not be), you could look at my MDL to Shader Converter script to see how I work with the DzUserParametersBrick.

Although they are related, the object I want to access is not the same as shader mixer. However the script in the link was very informative for other different problems I have with another script. Thank you very much.