pc slower

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!!! I'm rendering an animation, as a sequenced tga frames... I have 2 pc, and a strange event: on my working pc, (the render is done during night, ), wich is an i7 -3770 K, at 3,50 Ghz, with 8 of RAM and of course 64 bit win 8, the "average frame" time stay the same (it's the same camera view, all the animation)... say 1minute 30 by frame...
on the other PC, that I ve buyed for rendering, wich is: i7- 4930 K CPU at 3,40 GHz, with a RAM of 16, and the same win8 -64 bit, the average frame begins the same, 1,30, then becomes longer and longer... In other words, the pc seems to become slower and slower, although it is theorically a more powerful pc... mainly, I don't understand why the frame time increase on one pc, and stay the same on the less powerful one... thank you for your help!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited April 2015

you need Garstor, maybe pm him, sounds like the fabled memory leak, could be related to different settings in your preferences , texture spoolling ? and such, not that you are using wine

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26337

maybe you need to clear your DAZ 3DTmp folder ?
    could be the size of the tiles?

guess you should mention what version of car you are using?

but I don't understand this stuff so take it with a grain of pepper ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you!! I use Carrara 8 pro... about that animation, it's a tree, the camera don't move, it's just the Wind moving the leaves during 22 seconds... As the leaves are transparencies planes, there are a lot of transparencies... On the i7 -3770, the average frame is 1mn20, and stays all the render, of the 680 frames... On another computer, quad core, less powerfull, the average frame fall down to 1mn50, and stays nearly the same all the animation render...
    But on the i7-4930, the average frame begins at 1mn, more or less, and now, at 31 per cent of the animation render, is at 6mn30... So of course, the render is time consuming...
    It's not at all the fact wirth still renders with carrara, or Cine4d r16, which I use also...
    I can't understand what happens, ... E3 "nug" (which one) is it possible between C8pro and the i7-4930K ???

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

The list is so long...

Outside of Carrara:
    -Maybe the CPU overheats and starts to throttle, is the cooling good enough?
    -Task manager, increase priority of Carrara, to make sure that no other app uses the resources
    -Is Windows patched up and virus scanned?

Inside Carrara
    -Have you tried network rendering, to use the second PC as a render node?

edited December 1969

for the node rendering, I can't get the two pc in network, as the second is a clone of the first, and , for one reason or one another, the network desappear 2 or 3 days after being done... In fact, that "clone" bisness, which I thought so wonderful, getting a perfect Mirror of my working station, without re install any software, has been full of problems!...
    I'm going to check the hints you give me!!! thank you!!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Could be a memory leak. You say C8- Not C8.5 correct?

edited April 2015

yes, C8 pro... don't know why, but I don't use C8,5... there are no other soft used during the render time... As The render was done (in sequenced tga) on an external disk, I have stopped, and transferred on the internal disk, and then re started the render, but no way: the render time of each frame is again increasing more and more... The ram is 16 gig... twice more than on my working station, where the render has no problem... it's really mysterious!... As the pc "rendering" is not linked to the web, I don't think it has virus, but I'll scan it to be sure...

Post edited by laverdet_943f1f7da1 on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited April 2015

I'm thinking a memory leak. Carrara's holding onto that RAM and not letting it go for some reason. Are there any background processes running that could be an issue?

Post edited by evilproducer on