Help With M4 Advanced and M4 Elite? Morphs Not Showing Up!

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
edited August 2012 in The Commons

A while back I got this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-enhanced-mina-for-m4

However, when I go to inject the morphs from my Poses folder (I use DAZ Studio 3) I can't find them in the base M4 figure. I don't have to load the M4 Enhanced figure to use the morphs I thought? Isn't the pack supposed to work with regular M4? Because a whole new M4 figure loads if I click under the Figures-->M4 Enhanced--> M4 Enhn V4 Inj. So this isn't what I want.

So why are loaded Enhanced morphs for M4 not showing up under him at all? And yes, I am already using the morphs++ pack. Actually, I even have the M4 Elite Ethnic Faces, and *those* don't appear to load, either, under his morphs.

Maybe I am too used to the way M3 worked. You load morphs, you click him and you could easily see the morphs show up under the parameters tab. Does M4 not work the same way? I can't get anything extra to work, apparently >.>

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,279
    edited December 1969

Is this a freshly loaded M4, or one from a saved scene? Unfortunately saved figures won't update with the new channels. I can't recall if M4 enhanced neds its own CR2 or if it also works with the base CR2, though. M3 would have (and did) have the same problem with morph expansions that needed more slots than were available in the default figure - and in that case you couldn't mix different expansions without using something like Morph Manager.

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited August 2012

It is a saved M4 figure. Why won't saved figures accept morph expansions? That makes no sense >.>

Well, that does bring me to another problem then. I have already begun on a character I want to save, but all this time I have been using DAZ I have never been able to figure out how to successfully export saved morphs (and then reload them). How does a person make a character with morphs, save it, export it, and upload it for others to use with a load icon and everything? This way I won't lose the progress I made.

Also, is morph manager something I should get for M4?

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
    edited December 1969

Assuming you are unhappy with "because" as an answer: the morph expansions add files with new channel specifications (and other stuff, like ERC links) to the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Figurename folder, and those are added to the list of files read in to assemble the figure when you load it (by running the updater batch file or, for DAZ Studio, by picking options in PowerLoader). But a saved figure doesn't do the assembly - it's a snapshot of the result of all that assembly using the files available when it was loaded and doesn't have any way to tell the application to refresh the list - which means there's nowhere for the new morphs to be inserted into the figure and so the injection poses don't work (a pose can't add a new channel, though it can repurpose and existing channel).

What you should be able to do is save a character preset (morphs and materials, but not pose) or a pose preset (morphs and/or pose, depending on options chosen) and apply that to a fresh figure to recreate your look with the new morphs available.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I will try to experiment.

There is just one more question, I'm assuming it'll be okay if I load M4 up, his morphs, and the Elite and Enhanced morphs into him, and *then* save him for future use as a pre-loaded figure?

edited December 1969

Well I finally figured it out! (Including going to File --> Merge to actually *load* what I saved).
    Thank you for all your help!

edited December 1969

Thank you, I will try to experiment.

There is just one more question, I'm assuming it'll be okay if I load M4 up, his morphs, and the Elite and Enhanced morphs into him, and *then* save him for future use as a pre-loaded figure?

Yes, that will work - but if you add another product that uses ExP you will again need to load a fresh Michael 4 rather than the saved figure to use the new morphs.