Carrara RenderNode 8.5 (Mac 64-bit) Public build

natclarkenatclarke Posts: 79
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi

The Render nodes will not install on my mac (says installation failed!)

Any assistance will be appreicated

regards

Natalie

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

natclarke said:
    Hi

The Render nodes will not install on my mac (says installation failed!)

Any assistance will be appreicated

regards

Natalie

Render Nodes are only used for network rendering and are client applications. In other words, your main computer would have the actual, full version of Carrara Pro, and any other computers on your local/home network would get the nodes installed on them.

To reiterate: Nodes do not get installed on the host computer. They only get installed on client computers. I emphasize this, because sometimes, particularly if you do a manual install, it is possible to install a node and overwrite the Carrara application, and then only the stripped down interface of the node is all you see.

An important thing to remember about render nodes, is that if you have plugins or custom leaf shapes installed on the host machine for your main Carrara application, then they must also be installed on the client machines with the Render Nodes. This does not apply to your content and stuff, but only things in the data folder and plugins.

• natclarkenatclarke Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Thanks! Great to know

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You could either do a manual install of the Nodes on the client machines, or you could install DIM on the client machines and let it install the Nodes and any plugins or files with custom leaf shapes (such as HowieFarkes scenes).