The Old Waterhole

Hello,

i tried my hand with some render in FirstBastion's "The Old Waterhole" and i got those strange lines everywhere over the rocks. Kinda reminds me of wiremesh but not sure if that has an thing to with it.
I changed the textures of the rocks, tried different light settings, with and without DAZ Enviroment Light, but those lines always show up.

Anyone got a idea what i did wrong?

Search_Party_-_Test_Render_005.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867
    edited December 1969

The water looks odd too, is this DAZ materials or Poser ones? Are you using 3Delight or Iray? You may need to apply an Iray preset if the latter holding ctl and keeping texture maps.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867
    edited December 1969

Is it just an opengl viewport render? It looks like it honestly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,068
    edited December 1969

If this is in DAZ Studio are you using the DAZ Studio version? The mesh lines showing, especially with environment or ambient occlusion lights, is a known issue with some items - try converting to SubD and see if that helps (Edit>Object>Convert to Subd).

• edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4.7
    Water is just a filler atm for test render.
    Light is UberEnvironment 2 + 1 Distant Diffuse Helper and 1 Distant Spec Helper.
    And it is a actual render, not opengl viewport.

• edited April 2015

Ah thanks Richard, gonna try it.

Worked. Thanks again Richard.

Post edited by tiplerneck_b48f2f5b62 on
  • edited December 1969

Hmm . . . looks like i was to early but it was late yesterday and i only converted one object which turned up fine in the render. However today i wanted to convert the rest of the objects but DAZ told me i can't convert a object that is already converted.
    The object i tired to convert appears multiple times in the scene and DAZ seem unable to distinguish between them.

I changed the lights from Raytraced to Deep Shadow Map, that got rid of the mesh lines but that increased the rendertime and some objects/figures didn't cast any shadows :(

Anything else i could trie?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,068
    edited December 1969

Deep Shadow maps aren't a good idea - they are inclined to introduce coloured blobs to the render. Also, the map is a fixed size so with a large scene like that it's quite possible that there won't be enough resolution for the shadows to "see" smaller items. If the SubD items are still showing grid lines, and if things liike lowering the shading rate (in Render Settings or in the uberEnvironment settings) don't help I'm not sure what to suggest.

• edited December 1969

I'll try playing around with the shading rate. Thanks for the advices Richard.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Just on the off chance that it isn't this...open one of the texture maps in an image editor.

There was one item, about a year or so ago, that the PA accidentally 'merged' the template with diffuse map, It's not a very common error, but it could happen.

But check the shading rate, first.