'Tis for the GLORY #7 – Pre-zygotes

MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Dudu.car is sitting in the back seat of a convertible in a parade waving at the crowd while ticker tape drifts down around him. Why? Because he won the last challenge with a remarkable fuzzy feline.

Excellent!

In addition to the useless points he won, he gets to choose the new challenge topic which is:

"Easter, the gastronomy… and even the life, have a common point: the EGG !

Create a beautiful picture, everything your can have in your imagination, as long as there is minimum an EGG in the scene (natural, painted or cooked).

Good luck with all !"

So, I'm here to egg you on. Er, not scramble your creativity. Um, I mean get cracking. Should I be quiet now?

Please post your entries (and view the previous winner's glories awards) over at Renderosity in the Carrara Forum. You'll see the threads.

Kindly poached,
Mark

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this very great honor !
    Choose your egg,… and the good one !:-P

Réclamation.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 3M
  • MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Ha! I love that!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Congratulations! Well deserved fake points. With the ostrich, you might be the first repeat champion.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Congratulations! Well deserved fake points. With the ostrich, you might be the first repeat champion.

Hi, Diomède !
    I' don't take part on this challenge, you're very welcome (with your egg)!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Lol, great render!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

And here I was thinking we'd have to render a Poser 1 or Poser 2 figure. ;-)

edited December 1969

What hatches out of the egg could be a different story entirely. Poser 1 and an egg that big - who knows....
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I think I have an idea for this one... what kind of eggs might one find in a nest made of... PURE GOLD! :)

Eggs to come, nest is four different vertex twigs surface replicated onto a half sphere with a bit of thickness and a "blobby mud" texture I made.

NestEgg_NoEggsjpg.jpg
    1000 x 492 - 58K
    edited December 1969

And after a 20-minute delay I finally got the joke and did, in fact, laugh out loud. :)

edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:

And after a 20-minute delay I finally got the joke and did, in fact, laugh out loud. :)

It is pretty dated. I'm not even sure that any of the current DAZ3D employees would get it.

edited December 1969

I remember a chicken and an egg in a bed…;-)

Very promising MDO !

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

MDO2010 said:

It is pretty dated. I'm not even sure that any of the current DAZ3D employees would get it.

I got it :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Very promising MDO !
    What, this one? ;-)

Not sure that counts as I have already posted it.

Chicken-final.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 470K
    edited December 1969

Nice. It counts if you enter it!

And the question remains unanswered...

edited December 1969

Very promising MDO !

It is extremely more rewarding to create a scene with characters such as these zygotes rather than to use these eternal sexy pine-ups of the DAZ store.
    Don't forget your entry EP ! ;-)

edited December 1969

Sorry, not doing an entry. To busy rendering zombie hordes.

edited December 1969

Sometimes, you need to break a few eggs to make a zombie horde.

edited December 1969

That's funny - maybe we should introduce them to my skeleton hordes. :) I've been puttering away on this scene off an on for a while, but here's a WIP test render...

Render-01_empty_tower_fixedskeletons_WIP.jpg
    1803 x 965 - 140K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the side-track, but we don't get to talk about Renderosity around here that much - at least not with links involved :(
    Drives me nuts too. I've always considered DAZ 3D and Renderosity to be a set - not to be excluding either from either. Anyways:
    Speaking of Renderosity, I've just recently picked up some items from one of my favorite content designers over there: Coflek Gnorg, and I'm very excited about it! I already have a huge pile of content from him as well as 3-D-C, who is also a big fave of mine, and this stuff is going to make a beautiful addition to my ever-growing collection!

We have:
    Collector's Edition - Steampunk Towers Construction Kit
    Techno-Town Construction Kit 1 (I have to get set 2 ASAP!!! This is awesome! I already have the SciFi City Kit from him)
    Razor Rider - Hotel Reception (He also has, and I will get soon, the Hotel Hallway and Hotel Room which goes with it)
    Terra Shere II (Awesome 3D spherical surrounding scenes which come with matching HDRI)
    Terra Shere III (Awesome 3D spherical surrounding scenes which come with matching HDRI)

Terra Sphere II is just outside the major city, while Terra Sphere III is right in the middle of a huge futuristic city scene.
    All of these things are really cool, and have been very easy (as always) to optimize for use in Carrara.

TerraSphereIII.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 351K
    TerraSphereII.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 226K
    HotelReception.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 271K
    TechnoTownKit.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 255K
    Steampunk_Towers.jpg
    800 x 800 - 178K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Oh that's a wonderful image, very storybook :)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Getting ready to whip up a solar system.

planet-eggs-3-11b.jpg
    1051 x 768 - 285K
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

Awesome - I love it! :)

edited December 1969

de3an said:

As they say, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. The problem is that they are all the same size. ;-)

GEDC0274.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    GEDC0272.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    cracked_giant_egg.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 812K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

As they say, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. The problem is that they are all the same size. ;-)

Yeah, scale is always a problem when trying to model the solar system. :)

Did all those eggs come from chickens? Don't think I've ever seen such a range of sizes before. Especially that biggest one!

edited December 1969

de3an said:
    de3an said:

Yeah, scale is always a problem when trying to model the solar system. :)

Did all those eggs come from chickens? Don't think I've ever seen such a range of sizes before. Especially that biggest one!

The biggest one is a monster sized goose egg. By comparison, the next one over is a regular sized goose egg, followed by a duck egg and then a large chicken egg. The monster goose egg was truly an anomaly. It was a double yolker, so in this shot, here's the egg broken in a bowl with the chicken egg for comparison. The chicken egg would be classified an "extra large" according to my egg scale.

making_an_omelette.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1019K
    edited December 1969

Just adding to the madness.

egg_gramps_dragon.jpg
    1040 x 780 - 84K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

eggstraordinary :coolcheese:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

don't egg him on, it will just get more eggsauceting :)

edited December 1969

I normally love a good (or bad) pun but you guys have to be yolkin' - these are just eggsausting. ;)

edited December 1969

No eggxaggerations in your remarks, don't you? :-P