D|S 4.7.0.12 Often Quits Unexpectedly Soon After a Render Starts

inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

D|S seems to be working properly. I can pose, etc. But if I start a render, I may get an error message that it "quit unexpectedly." This is when I'm using 2 genesis2 characters and just a simple backdrop. I'm on a Macintosh Pro, late 2013, running OS Yosemite 10.10.3. I have check the D|S error log, but don't see anything there. It looks like a new log is begun after the unexpected quitting, and, of course, I can't get to the previous log because D|S has quit.
If there is any corruption issue with D|S, can I still download version 4.7.0.12 again? I don't want to download the 4.8 beta version, and on a Macintosh I don't have the CUDA card anyway.

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 1969

I started a new log file and brought it right up to the point at which I started a render. D|S "quit unexpectedly" again. I would report this as a bug report, but when I went to the URL given on this main forum page, I got a "404" file not found message. Can someone tell me where to post a bug report?

I was going to post the log file, but now I'm told the post is too long.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 1969

OK, I found a place for bug reports, but before getting to the site, I got a message that the "Certificate is Invalid," and it may be a fake site, so I did not continue on to it.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

That is the direct address of the Contact page. Help request is in the middle of the page.

Did it previously work with no problems? If so have there been any system updates, between the time it last worked and now?

Any sudden power outages/thunderstorms? They can lead to hard drive or memory failures.

Do you have your content or temp folder on a networked drive?

And...make sure your system time and date are correct. Sometimes the certificate errors are caused by the wrong date on your system. Although there have been reports of certificate problems accessing parts of the sire, most of those are Windows machines with one or two specific security programs providing the report.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited December 1969

You can download 4.7 again. It is the current version, and will remain until 4.8 becomes official.
    By the way, you can render in Iray without the CUDA cores. It will work with CPU only.

If the system suddenly quits like that, it might be a memory issue. Are you running other sotware parrallel to DAZ while it renders?