Daz3d and IClone a match?

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited April 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

View videos for information on features in Iclone that significantly improve animated production.

Dynamic hair and clothing in IClone 6 is exceptional quality with the indigo render

No more poses, full range motions with IClone..

https://youtu.be/nek-bFtpoMs?list=PLNV5zSFadPdlVwer9zldv8IxtAUhm-MQh

https://youtu.be/NAFrMYqLpx4

https://youtu.be/D3iS164uTgc?list=PLNV5zSFadPdlVwer9zldv8IxtAUhm-MQh

https://youtu.be/2TuQDpQsJj8

I'm not selling IClone by any means.

I would like to know more people are doing Iclone for discussion related to both.

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on

Comments

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Being able to make any hair or clothing prop and make it dynamic in iclone 6 is pretty amazing. It took getting some help from one of their folks who are posting in the forum but once I got it, I got it! iC6's regular render engine is pretty lame. 3delight in DS is far superior. I have not done any work with the Indigo plugin. I have heard mostly complaints about how it doesn't work properly. I have tried searching for enough renders to convince me but have found very few. I would like to see DS look into the dynamics that they are using. I want to eventually buy the iC6 package to add to my pipeline but I'm going to wait until I see and hear of more of the bugs being dealt with.

• rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
    edited April 2015

jaebea said:
    Being able to make any hair or clothing prop and make it dynamic in iclone 6 is pretty amazing. It took getting some help from one of their folks who are posting in the forum but once I got it, I got it! iC6's regular render engine is pretty lame. 3delight in DS is far superior. I have not done any work with the Indigo plugin. I have heard mostly complaints about how it doesn't work properly. I have tried searching for enough renders to convince me but have found very few. I would like to see DS look into the dynamics that they are using. I want to eventually buy the iC6 package to add to my pipeline but I'm going to wait until I see and hear of more of the bugs being dealt with.

FYI http://www.reallusion.com/press/Webinar/150417_ICWebinarInvite/default.html

This webinar on the indigo plugin for Iclone 6 is today. You might want to check it out.
    If Kai teaches it, you will not be disappointed.

There are some issues with Iclone 6, but mostly they aren't with the application as much as they are with things that are needed in content. The previous 5.5 version of Iclone allowed for all kinds of modifications to characters, which changed with Iclone 6.

You can export complete, dressed characters from Daz3d and Carrara to Iclone 5.5 or 6. However, I have not experimented to know if unclothed Daz3d characters will work with Iclone clothing. My impressions from all I have read is... NO. Maybe the dynamic clothing and hair will work, but that will take some experimenting as best I can tell.

One thing about Iclone rendering is this. When you are building your videos there is a very good render capacity built in to Iclone that is very memory efficient you can use. I have never paid attention to rendering because the Iclone render tools built in are excellent and efficient. I never even thought about renders, especially while creating videos, until the latest release. When you can avoid all the time you spend doing pre-rendering this really makes for very fast workflow. I never waste time waiting to view renders.

I use Sony Vegas Pro to consolidate all my scenes from IClone projects and then do a final render with the Sony Vegas. A very efficient render engine and it works very well with my system...Q6600 processor (antique). I realize some people are really into rendering in a big way and that is fine, but if you qualify your work for what you are trying to accomplish all the superior renders may not mean that much.

My interest is workflow, getting videos done and out the door. It is my experience that perfection, and fabulous artistic impressions just don't mean zip to internet viewers. Good 1280x720 with good audio I have found to be the most important things for internet videos.

I have never used the pipeline version of Iclone. I have the 3dxchange, which is terrific tool for import of fbx, obj,bvh and skp files into iclone. The newest release of 3dxchange ver 6 (non-pipeline version)will also export obj files from iclone. The pipeline version is over twice the price, and mostly been a game development tool.

My take on renders...when developers really get into the graphics processes they often get lost in the world of sublime quality. Quality that is not needed for videos, unless they have to be commercial quality productions.

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I think your statement about quality is subjective. Quality is very important to me. In fact, I have a really hard time watching a video that is poor quality. I am working on a project right now where the eye appeal is as important as the story. It's a total package. I have played with some renders out of iClone and, as I said before, 3delight renders were better. Next will be the battle between Iray and Indigo. There are things I really like about both applications...and things I don't like but I would like to use them both.....and Maya 2014.