Where can I re-install Cararra 6?

hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 179
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I had to restore my computer and want my copy of Cararra 6 back. Can't find it on the site. I remember it was hard to find the last time so please let me know where I can download another copy. Have license key.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited April 2015

Have you checked your product list in your account?

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • hrpschrdhrpschrd Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

Of course! You SHOULD be shaking your heat at me . . . What is the difference between the zip and sit Tutorials?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited April 2015

hrpschrd said:
    Of course! You SHOULD be shaking your heat at me . . . What is the difference between the zip and sit Tutorials?

The file extension .zip and .sit?

If that's what you mean, then the .zip file when expanded would be the Windows installer and the .sit would be the Mac installer.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

hrpschrd said:

zip for pc - sit for mac

edited December 1969

Thanks.
    Unfortunately it doesn't like my serial number. There are letters-numbers-letters. Should i only put in the numbers?

edited December 1969

Ah, one MUST enter a company name. Hmm.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

carrara 6 nice as it was in its time has been vastly left behind, C7 introduced largeaddressawareness 64 bit and a plethora of other improvements, C8 bullet physics among other things, bullet is utterly brilliant stuff!
    you really should watch the DAZ sales it has been very cheap several times
    just saying :lol:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

can i run 6 and 8.5 on the same pc?

edited December 1969

Yes, I did for a bit to use the VET export only found in C6 and under
    and wrl import
    it runs entirely independant and can be used simultaneously.
    But
    I was shocked how slow it was on my 64bit 16GB RAM machine hence my comment to the OP

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

When I first bought Carrara, I got it with the Avatar book, which comes with Carrara 6 Pro - at least the first print of the book did. I see it on Amazon in that, as well as a second edition. Anyways, it came with C6 Pro and Hexagon. At that time the book was still sold at DAZ 3D, so I was able to upgrade to Carrara 7 Pro in the same order which, at that time, Carrara 8 was nearing release and had a promo where if you bought 7, you'd get 8 free when it came out and in the meantime, owners of Carrara could use Carrara 8 beta for free. Windows 7 always complained about Aero not being compatible with 7 Pro, which was no biggie... but 8 Pro had a 64 bit version that worked very smooth on my Win 7 machine, so I just ran the 8 Pro beta until the official release came out and have stuck with the latest version available ever since.

I hear some folks complain about how little was done with 8.5 - I feel altogether differently about the subject. As 8.5 Pro beta evolved, version after version until the final release, it was so dramatically better than 8 Pro that it bothered me to step back and mess around with the earlier version. The same applied to going from 8 to 7, and now 8.5 to 8... I just won't do it anymore. So much improved that I just cannot use anything else.

Oh... anyways... I also wanted to mention to the original post that:

Your DAZ 3D account should have your S/N there as well... so maybe that one will work.

Although I only like to actually work in the latest and greatest edition, I'm very glad that I own 6, 7, 8, and now 8.5 pro. Yes, they can all be installed on the same machine. I wonder if 3dage still does that. He always had older version running on his computer. Fun.

For nostalgia's sake, I'm always tempted to go to Amazon and buy all of the boxed CD/DVD versions that I can get my hands on, just to have them sitting all pretty on a shelf in my office. Can we say "Carrara Obsessed"? Yeah... that's me! LOL I just love this software!

edited December 1969

The OP is obviously quite happy with his C6 as indeed we all were like EP was with C7 but until you get the next version you just do not know what you have been missing out on, it like your yummy chocolate fudge that indeed tastes delicious on its own but adding sprinkles and a cherry dipped in brandy on top completes the dessert!