How Do I Get Install Manager to Install Content to a Different Drive?

luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I bought a new computer with both an SS drive and a mechanical hard drive. I just realized that I can easily fill much of my SS drive, which has my OS and program files on it, with my DAZ content.

In DIM I see that I can change the download path for content files. So I told it my E drive (mechanical hard drive.) I want to change the content installation path to that drive also but there is no drop-down option for "content files install to." Is there a way to do this though the DIM or do a have to manually move stuff after I install?

I am also concerned about confusing the CMS if I move things manually. I never did understand how to untangle that on my old computer. This leads to a second question - with a fresh install of DS 4.7 and beta 4.8 do I need to install the new Postgre SQL or does it install with DS?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I want to change the content installation path to that drive also but there is no drop-down option for “content files install to.” Is there a way to do this though the DIM or do a have to manually move stuff after I install?

In DIM, click on the little Gear Icon at the top right, and select the Installtion tab, and then click on the plus sign at the bottom left to create a new selectable path.

with a fresh install of DS 4.7 and beta 4.8 do I need to install the new Postgre SQL or does it install with DS?

You can install PostgreSQL with DIM, and there is also a program to run to convert your old Valentina db in DIM as well.
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited December 1969

I want to change the content installation path to that drive also but there is no drop-down option for “content files install to.” Is there a way to do this though the DIM or do a have to manually move stuff after I install?

In DIM, click on the little Gear Icon at the top right, and select the Installtion tab, and then click on the plus sign at the bottom left to create a new selectable path.

with a fresh install of DS 4.7 and beta 4.8 do I need to install the new Postgre SQL or does it install with DS?

You can install PostgreSQL with DIM, and there is also a program to run to convert your old Valentina db in DIM as well.

Awesome. Thanks.