Carousel Mil Horse

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i saw this cute addon for the DAZ Mil Horse on Rendo, it's called Carousel Mil Horse.
it's for poser, but usually adapting the textures isn't a big problem, and anyway there's an addon for the addon, and this 2nd texture pack has daz materials. also, in case of pmd issues, i have the fix plugin too.
but my point is: i only have the Mil Horse LE, not the full product Millenium Horse. i asked the vendor, they aren't sure if it works (even if i wonder why it shouldn't). so my question: has anyone here tried this product? with full horse or LE? with which results?

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

even if i wonder why it shouldn’t

I can't answer your specific questions regarding compatibility, but I can suggest why there could be issues. For one, the LE horse might have a different mesh than the regular Millenium Horse. I suspect that it does since it is designed to be lighter on system resources. Secondly, there might not be morph channels available in the LE horse to inject the necessary Carousel horse morphs. The full Millenium Horse certainly has more morphs available than the LE version. Anyway, there may yet be someone who has the product and the LE horse who can give you a definitive answer.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

LE horse is just the base figure without any morphs or morph channels acivated.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited April 2015

SixDs said:
    I can't answer your specific questions regarding compatibility, but I can suggest why there could be issues. For one, the LE horse might have a different mesh than the regular Millenium Horse. I suspect that it does since it is designed to be lighter on system resources.i don't know for sure what makes LE items different, but i always believed - as chohole below seems also to think - that the meshes would be the same... ofc, there might be a lower LOD, true, which would make morphs weird/impossible.
    Secondly, there might not be morph channels available in the LE horse to inject the necessary Carousel horse morphs. The full Millenium Horse certainly has more morphs available than the LE version

LE horse is just the base figure without any morphs or morph channels acivated.
    ... and as you both inform me about, this is exactly where i fear it might not work. :/ last night i tried to "carousellize" the Mil horse just for fun, and while giving it a paint coat, playing with the tail until it looks like a curvy wooden one (the open tip is tricky), morph/scale it to smaller/cuter proportions and finally planting a steel bar through it was easy, the mane is a no-go, no way to augment its flat volume, the most i could do is use the "upper mane" very short ~ all in all, by far no comparison with the Carousel Horse product. but somehow, i'm still reluctant to buy the full one - i never never use horses, and i could use the $ for something else i really want... *sigh* ~
    anyway, thx you both for your answers :) EDIT:
    WAIT... i re-read the product description... i think i got it all wrong - or rather, i got confuzzled after getting it right at first and then somehow loosing the mental thread - this product contains mostly conforming figures for a voluminous mane, a new wooden tail, and a saddle set + bar. there is no morphing of the actual horse, tail or mane!! the only morphs included are for those external items, aka saddle, mane, tail! now i really don't see how this could go wrong...
    Post edited by manekiNeko on