Push modifier works on original model, but fails on new character

jsdaz_5811013940jsdaz_5811013940 Posts: 118
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have created a push modifier for G2F. I also created morph (Create new property then ERC freeze). The morph works perfectly on the original character. Did a save as -> support asset-> morph asset.

Created a second G2F character. The morph dial appears in the new G2F character parameters. But, moving the slider does nothing.

One thing I notice is this. The original G2F character parameters show both the morph dial and the push modifier dial. The second character shows only the morph dial.

I am surely missing a step, but can't figure it out.

Thanks

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited April 2015

Set ERC for push modifier property is very intersting attempt:)

but as you tested already, to keep push modifier properties, you may need to save as scene or scene subset.

I tested to save push modifier property with character preset, but it can not keep the push modifier.

And I can not save push modifier property as morph too.
    I think you can save the Actor with push modifier as new figure, but usually you may not hope it.

So that though you make ERC and save the controller for push modifier as new morph ,
    when you load new actor, only the controller will be shown without ERC sub-componet push modifier property.

to make it morph and set ERC, after you set push modifier, (or with push modifier node wieight)
    you can export the current pushed shape as obj, then re-import again as new morph by morph loader.
    then save it as new morph.

it is usual morph , so that you can set ERC as you want if you need.
    push modifier simply stretch mesh to normal direction,
    it will not make much difference about transition, when you save it as new morph or keep it as push modifier property.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • jsdaz_5811013940jsdaz_5811013940 Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. Will try that after lunch.

edited December 1969

Having some difficulty. When I do the morph loader pro or advanced it gives me a vertex count mismatch. For instance the loader pro log messges are:

E:/Artwork/obj's/Thigh Musc/Thigh musc002.obj
    Loading Morph: Thigh musc002.obj
    Reading Thigh musc002.obj
    Reading Thigh_musc_002.mtl
    Imported: Thigh musc002.obj
    Creating morph for Genesis 2 Female...
    Vertex Count mismatch 21556:85253 (Base:Morph).

My guess is that I am saving the .obj incorrectly. Still working on it.

edited December 1969

Nope. No matter what I try, I am still getting a vertex count mismatch. Weird

edited December 1969

Tried restarting DS. Then did a simple neck bend with daz horse 2. Export .obj. Morph loader pro. Again, vertex count mismatch.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited April 2015

When you export pushed shape, (you can use pusu modifier node weight map too to push only some part)
    Have you set the genesis2figure sub-D as zero?
    without it, your export obj do not much genesisfemale vertex count. then cause loading erroer.

about push modifier, it never change vertex count . (I have already tested and made morphj,
    then push modifier never change vertex count,
    and it can load as morph without problem;-)

subD0.JPG
    1046 x 669 - 84K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Kitakoredaz,

Success!

Zero G2F figure
    Apply morph at Max value (1.0)
    General -> Transforms -> Mesh Resolution -> Resolution Level = Base
    General -> Transforms -> Mesh Resolution -> SubDivision Level = 0
    File -> Export -> .obj file (using Daz3D defaults)
    Edit -> Figure -> Morph Loader Pro

Worked a charm.

You are right, the transition may not be movie quality. But, my morph is constant for the character, so this is not an issue. I find the push modifier very easy to use. Others might find it very difficult. It would be nice to be able bundle the push modifier with the morph like a Dformer. Oh well, not a big problem. This will go a long way to helping me morph all sorts of models. Cool!

Thanks!