Rigging clothing to a genesis model

natclarkenatclarke Posts: 79
edited April 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have created a genesis baby. I was able to place clothing on him (millennium Baby clothes)

How do I rig the clothing so that it will move with the model when I create different poses.

I also have carrara.

thanks

Natalie

babtboy.png
1024 x 606 - 37K
Post edited by natclarke on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,358
    edited December 1969

You need, if at all possible, to model the clothing around the base figure. You can, if necessary, model around a morphed figure and then select the morph under Source Shape in the Transfer utility, then check Reverse Source Shape from Target, but even then any transforms (scaling, rotation and translation) need to be zeroed out.

• natclarkenatclarke Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I have done this and it is all fititng "You need, if at all possible, to model the clothing around the base figure. "

"You can, if necessary, model around a morphed figure and then select the morph under Source Shape in the Transfer utility"
    It is only showing genesis, none of the clothing is showing when selecting a source shape.

"check Reverse Source Shape from Target"

It is not allowing me to check this.

"but even then any transforms (scaling, rotation and translation) need to be zeroed out". How do I zero out?

thanks

Natalie

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,070
    edited December 1969

The source is Genesis, the target is the clothes.

• natclarkenatclarke Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Yes but the clothes are not showing up. Do I have to do something else first?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

natclarke said:
    Yes but the clothes are not showing up. Do I have to do something else first?
    I'm not sure what you mean. You should have the clothes in the scene alongside the figure. Just choose them as the target model in the drop down.

You're going to face one huge issue, however. Baby Genesis is scaled down significantly. You'll need to model the outfit on the non-scaled figure, which means exporting Genesis at 100% scale. You can change this in the parameters. If you don't, and attempt to fit clothing, the resulting clothing will have this scale applied TWICE and will be too small to wear. This is because it inherits the scale from Genesis.

Ideally, you want to work on the base Genesis figure and work forwards, adding a special morph for the baby (again though, it needs to be non-scaled). This is because despite there being a 'reverse source shape' option, the results are hit and miss at the best of times. Working forwards guarantees your final result will be as expected.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

if the clothing is not triax figure, or not simple obj,
    (because OP said millennium Baby clothes if it is offered for poser, as cr2? i do not know)
    transfer utility never show the item, as target or souce I believe.

you need to change the clothing as triax figure once,
    top menu Edit>figure>rigging>Convert Figure to weight mapping.

(after all you transfer rigs from template or genesis,
    so that it is not problem, the rigging is not work well or not)

or export current clothing as obj, then import it. it should work.

but of course you better to keep sclae or rotation, translation. as ricahrd and helardo mentioned.

(I do not test anymore,, but I feel, set Source as current and target as current, with reverse source shape from target.
    may remove these problem in ds 4.7.
    though it never offer best resutl,, but it try to adjust scale problem, caused by morph
    which change scale,, at least with my test)

cr2transfer.JPG
    842 x 561 - 65K