Lost settings

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

By accident I downloaded and installed Daz 4.7 while installing new content I needed to tweak a project I was working on. When it opened again I was greeted with what looks to be a new interface. What I was working on was gone. Search terms I used to find things now don't seem to give me the same results. And I can not find my saved render settings. The render window looks completely unfamiliar. I need to finish this project tonight and was just about ready to render and do so.

Is it possible to get back to where I was or at least get back to the interface I am used to or am I SOOL? Do I have to put this project on hold while I relearn the new look and feel of DAZ?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Operating system?

How did you download and install it this time? Last time?

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

I was installing content through the install manager. It seemed to just auto update 4.7. It is possible I clicked on something that triggered the download and installation, but since it was completely unintentional, I don't know what initiated the download. I don't know how it was installed last time either. That was quite a while ago and I did not make notes.

edited December 1969

Which operating system?

Check in the Install Manager to find out where it installed to. If it used the default locations, then the content directories are probably not mapped correctly in Studio..especially if you moved/installed to custom locations.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

How do I do that? I did not move anything. I do everything automatically. It was working fine just before this. The content seems to be there, it just does not show up when i search using the usual terms.

edited December 1969

First lets try to get your layout back...

Up on the top...Window > Workspace > Select Layout.

Then go open the Content Directory Manager...either from the Edit > Preferences > Content Library (you can hit F2 to get to open the Preferences) or clicking the arrow pointing to a little lined square in the corner of the pane that Content/Content Library is in. Post a screen shot of the mapped content locations.

The, in the Operating System file browser search for the scene file by name with 'duf' as the extension...