Daz3d to 3dsmax morph problems

miki3dmiki3d Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi all!

I'm on daz3d trying to create a comic book, but I want to export to 3dsmax for the render.

I'm posing characters and agjust expressions with 100 essential expressions, for each frame because I don't need animation but static poses.
Then I export to 3dsmax with the fbx format, everything goes ok except morphs, that appears bugged (see the screenshot for the comparison)

Any idea about this?

Thanks a lot

Mik

DazVSMax.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 147K

Comments

• JimdaJimda Posts: 3
    edited April 2015

You should try exporting as an OBJ. It's not ideal, but OBJ is pretty universal and typically gives better results when importing into 3ds (at least in 2014/2015). The only time I've ever had an FBX import work well was when I exported an OBJ from DAZ, then imported it into Blender and exported the OBJ as an FBX.

Post edited by Jimda on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I think there is closer version parity between the Blender version and Max than there is between Studio and Max...

• JimdaJimda Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Yep, it is.

• miki3dmiki3d Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Maybe I found something...it seems that genesis2 exports twice the morphs, and I need to zero half of them in 3dsmax to get the correct results...something like that is explained here http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic163836-299-1.aspx.