Aux Viewport Not Working

KittiKitti Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I recently downloaded the 4.8 beta version but I just don't have the hardware needed to really take advantage of the new features.

Switching back to 4.7 (Win64-bit) I'm now having issues with the Aux Viewport; I checked and I *think* all my render settings are back to normal but something is still amiss.

When I start the IPR it takes like 2 minutes to initialize with 30 something images, then the window closes and the progress bar will sit at 1% indefinitely and display the regular viewport not any actual rendering progress.

I loaded a few props and they don't seem to have any trouble, even hair - it's just figures. I wonder if it's not something to do with the new Iray skin features? Maybe I'm wrong but just throwing it out there since all the research I came up with lead back to Iray.

I've tried completely restarting DAZ then loading brand new figures without any lights, hair, clothes, etc. so I don't think it's just a hiccup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks so much!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

How long have you waited? using the AoA SSS shader (especially on a figure with HD morphs in use) there can be a very long wait when the renderer first encounters the shader.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

How long have you waited? using the AoA SSS shader (especially on a figure with HD morphs in use) there can be a very long wait when the renderer first encounters the shader.

One figure, AoA shader, UberEnvironment...Occ w/Softsahdows, Hair...not excluded from occlusion (my fault). 3 hrs to first pixels...

Yes, depending on the lighting and other things, it can take a very long time to start to show up.

• KittiKitti Posts: 77
    edited April 2015

Right and I understand that but it shouldn't take more than a minute or so to render just 1 figure with nothing else added to it. I loaded The Girl 6 this morning when I posted & started the IPR, when I came back now (8 hours later) it still hasn't done anything.

EDIT:
    Also if I actually render the image it takes a few minutes to initialize but then eventually starts and moves at what I would consider an average pace for my system.

I use the Aux Viewport all the time and have gotten to know which products slow it down, but it's never been this bad. I love this tool it is invaluable to me but I know something's not quite right with a setting or something somewhere...

Post edited by Kitti on
    edited December 1969

Right and I understand that but it shouldn't take more than a minute or so to render just 1 figure with nothing else added to it. I loaded The Girl 6 this morning when I posted & started the IPR, when I came back now (8 hours later) it still hasn't done anything.

EDIT:
    Also if I actually render the image it takes a few minutes to initialize but then eventually starts and moves at what I would consider an average pace for my system.

I use the Aux Viewport all the time and have gotten to know which products slow it down, but it's never been this bad. I love this tool it is invaluable to me but I know something's not quite right with a setting or something somewhere...

After 8 hrs...yeah, something should have happened.

And if there's no 'fancy' lights or shaders...it shouldn't take anywhere near that long...you're right about that, too.

So, now that the 'what's NOT wrong' is out of the way.

Did you actually uninstall the Beta? With the DIM? Did you configure it to share the temp folder with 4.7? Did you uninstall 4.7 when you had 4.8 installed? Where is 4.7's temp folder? Richard probably has some more ideas, too..but he probably won't be back on until tomorrow...he's a UK time zone.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

After 8 hrs...yeah, something should have happened.

And if there's no 'fancy' lights or shaders...it shouldn't take anywhere near that long...you're right about that, too.

So, now that the 'what's NOT wrong' is out of the way.

Did you actually uninstall the Beta? With the DIM? Did you configure it to share the temp folder with 4.7? Did you uninstall 4.7 when you had 4.8 installed? Where is 4.7's temp folder? Richard probably has some more ideas, too..but he probably won't be back on until tomorrow...he's a UK time zone.

Yes I uninstalled beta (using DIM) I don't remember what all it asked during the install so I'm not sure if they shared the same temp folder.
    I did not uninstall 4.7 before installing 4.8
    Not sure about the temp folder; 4.7 & 4.8 had separate folders under User\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D both are still there (I didn't really do much outside of DAZ studio to set up 4.8, I copied over my user layout files but that was it)
    The folders are Studio4 & Studio4 Public Build - each one has a temp folder inside (not sure if that's the one you're asking about)

Thank you so much!

edited April 2015

That's where they are supposed to be. And since you used defaults on the DIM there shouldn't be any 'mixing' of the two versions. Uninstalling 4.7 isn't needed before installing the beta...

Did you update anything like drivers for 4.8?

Any OS or security software updates?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

No driver updates.

I'm on Windows 8 with AVG & ZoneAlarm, everything is set to update automatically so it's hard to say if anything has or not since I installed 4.8. I don't think there have been any major system updates because they usually require a lengthy restart.

The computer actually came with McAfee; I keep trying to disable & uninstall it but every once in a while I'll get pop ups & notifications that it's still running in the background. It's like a bad fashion trend that just won't die...

edited December 1969

No driver updates.

I'm on Windows 8 with AVG & ZoneAlarm, everything is set to update automatically so it's hard to say if anything has or not since I installed 4.8. I don't think there have been any major system updates because they usually require a lengthy restart.

The computer actually came with McAfee; I keep trying to disable & uninstall it but every once in a while I'll get pop ups & notifications that it's still running in the background. It's like a bad fashion trend that just won't die...

There is a McAfee removal tool that should get rid of what's left. It probably isn't the problem, but it's a pain in the posterior and sucks up, a small amount, system resources.

https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

ZoneAlarm has become a royal pain...there's a number of things it can interfere with...mostly the CMS side of things, though. But it may be worth checking it to see if it is monitoring/blocking anything Studio or 3Delight related.

I'm not entirely sure how the IPR interacts with the rest of the system, only that it is running the render differently than a standard render. So I can't say for sure if it would be more susceptible to interference from a security program or not.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2015

McAfee has a rep for not working well when there are other AVs or malware detection programs also on the system.

Post edited by Chohole on