Parameter names vs. Labels (1); adjusting dependent morphs manually (2)

TigerschneckeTigerschnecke Posts: 72
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have 2 related questions here that related to manually adjusting dials from a given set of values.

1) I have some shape-parameters that come up with a "<?>" for the name, and then allow me to choose one of two (or more) names for the same label (e.g., ChinCleft, and V4_PHMChinCleft_head). Both have the same label, i.e., just one dial. However, when I look at the .duf, there sometimes appear to be 2 values (one for either name). However, I only have the one dial that asks me to pick either one. Is there perhaps something hidden that I would need to do first to see 2 dials for the 2 different names? I assume there are 2 different morphs behind this, but how does this work?

2) I am trying to manually recreate a shape preset from the values I have derived from a number of .dufs. Unfortunately I cannot just load a .duf because what I am looking at are actually averages (computed elsewhere) in a .csv table (without the .duf structure). For most parameters, manually inputting these averages works fine. However, when I try to add the value of a dependent morph manually on top of a value that was already set by the controller, the value for the dependent morph (e.g., CheekFlexL) seems to replace the value I entered previously for the controller morph (e.g., CheekFlex), rather than adding on top of it. How does this work? Is this something that is normally done automatically when the .duf is being read? Should I manually add the additional value (e.g., for the left side) and input the sum, or is there a better way?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,128
    edited December 1969

1) open the Parameter pane's option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab - and turn off consolidate properties. Then edit the labels so that they are unique (click the gear icon on the slider, select Parameter Settings). Names - such as V4_PHMChinCleft_head - must be unique but labels may not be.

2) I'm not entirely clear as to what you are doing, but typing + additional value after the existing value may work - the value boxes will perform simple arithmetic. You could also use the Parameter Settings dialogue to edit the local value that is combined with the value from the controller.

• TigerschneckeTigerschnecke Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Thank you, just what I was looking for - both 1), and 2) work, and solve these issues!