Total newbie needing help

jcupkake76jcupkake76 Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hiya I am so lost already lol I am used to psp and ps but daz is new for me. I am wondering if there is a way to get 4.6 again rather than 4.7? I bought a tut and its good just all in 4.6 and with the changes between programs its a bit hard to follow. I really need help with the render settings? I cant find the speed in 4.7 so I can make sure its set for a large render to come out nice. Can anyone point me to 4.6 or help me with the render settings in 4.7. I would be so grateful.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2015

What do you mean with "speed"?
    Also which layout are you using? The render settings are at the same place in 4.7 where they were in 4.6; also, most of the features are the same.

Render_settings.PNG
    403 x 491 - 28K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • jcupkake76jcupkake76 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hiya I mean the speed v quality http://www.versluis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-16-at-21.08.08.png this image shows the way it was in 4.6 and it is the same for the tuts I bought. But as you show its really different in 4.7. I am just wondering where that setting is because I can not find it. I am using the city lights layout it was default on the 4.7 I think. lol like I say I am VERY new to daz.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

Ah, that's very simple. :-)
    They "removed" it. :coolhmm:
    You select it through the render engine being used:
    Former settings 1&2 = Basic Open GL
    Former setting 3 = Intermediate Open GL
    Former settings 4 = 3Delight

I'm using City Limits Lite so I get a slightly different "feel", but the tabs are basically the same, content wise.

I've attached an image using your layout style and marked where you can select the engines, which will result in faster renders vs better quality renders.

Render_Settings2.PNG
    676 x 290 - 27K
  • prixatprixat Posts: 1,588
    edited April 2015

They've streamlined that menu a lot to make space for the addition of another renderer in the next version of studio.

If you click on the "engine: 3Delight" dropdown shown in Lee's image you'll get the equivalent settings:

:-P crossposted with Lee, I hope your suitably impressed with the extra time I spent in Photoshop!

Screen-Shot.jpg
    912 x 469 - 121K
    Post edited by prixat on