BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►WE HAVE WINNERS◄◄◄ Theme is ==> SCIENCE FICTION

13»

Comments

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Congratulations, winners! Congratulations to everyone else for your successes in creating wonderful images. I didn't see one that I didn't like. I, too, would not have wanted to be responsible for judging this contest.

Having said that, I admit I was surprised that "You only had one job", "Moon Explosion", and "Loyalty" weren't among the picks.

When I first saw "The Last Boy on Earth" a few weeks ago, my first thought was, "What kid wouldn't stare in awe at a rocket launch going on behind him?" Then I considered the title, and realized he'd probably seen more than he cared to, like watching another car pull out of a driveway. Then I stared and stared at the details.

Other entries that had me staring at details were "Alliance Meeting", "Flying City Parts", (1st place), "It's Alive", and "World City Year 3000". If an image has you looking at for a long time, it must be a success.

I found "Who are They", "Silent Running", "Astounding Science Fiction", "DiscWorld:- Good Morning", and, of course, "Le Voyage dans la Lune" quite amusing. "Le Voyage ..." was based on one of the first silent movies, and it brought back memories.

If I didn't mention yours, it wasn't because it wasn't good. All were. So, I guess I'm saying Thank You all for participating, as I really enjoyed seeing the results.

HAVE FUN!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Good contest, guys!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

congrats to all the winners, and all entries...excellent renders from everyone :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the winners, and the participants. Awesome renders from everyone :)

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Thanks to the judges and congratulations to all winners and participants.
    This contest was really great with incredible images from everyone.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2015

CTippetts said:
    Congratulations, winners! Congratulations to everyone else for your successes in creating wonderful images. I didn't see one that I didn't like. I, too, would not have wanted to be responsible for judging this contest.

Having said that, I admit I was surprised that "You only had one job", "Moon Explosion", and "Loyalty" weren't among the picks.

When I first saw "The Last Boy on Earth" a few weeks ago, my first thought was, "What kid wouldn't stare in awe at a rocket launch going on behind him?" Then I considered the title, and realized he'd probably seen more than he cared to, like watching another car pull out of a driveway. Then I stared and stared at the details.

Other entries that had me staring at details were "Alliance Meeting", "Flying City Parts", (1st place), "It's Alive", and "World City Year 3000". If an image has you looking at for a long time, it must be a success.

I found "Who are They", "Silent Running", "Astounding Science Fiction", "DiscWorld:- Good Morning", and, of course, "Le Voyage dans la Lune" quite amusing. "Le Voyage ..." was based on one of the first silent movies, and it brought back memories.

If I didn't mention yours, it wasn't because it wasn't good. All were. So, I guess I'm saying Thank You all for participating, as I really enjoyed seeing the results.

HAVE FUN!

You pretty much nailed many of the others that were on the long list before it was whittled down. :coolsmirk: Getting a list down from 21 to 6 was not at all easy. :roll: And the judges took some time to work out even the long list.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

All winners should now have their prizes in their accounts as Store Credit.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Got my price. Many thanks

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

mine is there thankyou chohole :)

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners , the HMs and all who entered!
    Many thanks to the judges and especially to Pam for making these happen.
    Looking forward to the next one...

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

CTippets said, "I found “Who are They”, “Silent Running”, “Astounding Science Fiction”, “DiscWorld:- Good Morning”, and, of course, “Le Voyage dans la Lune” quite amusing. “Le Voyage ...” was based on one of the first silent movies, and it brought back memories."

Hey, I didn't know you were that old.

(and thanks for the compliments to my submissions)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Ooops! I'm behind in my correspondences! Congratulations to the winners and my thanks for 2nd place for this month. I'll agree that it must have been an awful chore to pick the winners this month and I would have been hard pressed to do so. So now, all that's left to do is wait until this month's theme is unveiled and we can all sit and scratch our heads and wonder how to make it work. Again, wonderful work from everyone!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all winners and HMs. Great renders. Many more too, I thought, so this goes to show that wonderful renders can be made with our old tool!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all those who were awarded prizes, and to those who participated.