Genesis, Genesis 2, Series "6" "5" what to start with

ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm new, I do understand that Genesis 2 and the "6" series characters are the newest releases. But what should I start with? I have no skills but I would like to make some characters a bit original.
Are one set easier to use than others? Or am I basically looking at buying ready made characters and tweaking a bit? I do notice that some characters need other characters in order to work.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

For new starters, I'd highly recommend using the Genesis 2 figures. The reasons are quite simple.

Genesis 2 is free with Daz Studio, so right from the start you can begin posing and animating without additional purchases. There are even some simple starter clothes included. Victoria 6, Michael 6 and any other figure with '6' in the name are all using the base Genesis 2 figure and give you unique morphs and textures to use on them.

Genesis 2 is backwards compatible with Genesis outfits, meaning any older Genesis item can be used with few issues, and there are even packs which give you access to an even wider wardrobe from the 4th Generation of figures, such as the M4 and V4 morph shapes.

The only caveat with the newest generation is that, unlike Genesis, it doesn't include child morphs by default. You will need to purchase the Growing Up pack to do this. The advantage of this though is that they're far more nicely proportioned.

• ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Thank you HeraldOfFire. Ok, I'l concentrate on Genesis 2 and I'm going to look at the Growing Up pack, I've seen this but had no clue what it was .

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

An additional note to add to what Herald of Fire has said. If you are really interested in creating your own characters or doing any tweaking to existing characters, you'll really want to eventually purchase the Genesis 2 Female Morphs. They come as separate packages for the Head and Body, or as a bundle with both. Same with the Genesis 2 Male Morphs if you plan on working with the men. If you can wait and keep your eyes peeled, these packages periodically come on sale and so you can save substantially if you're not in a hurry. They make a big difference in what you can do.

• ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the info SixDs. Yes, I want to work on men too, I'll add them to my wishlist and keep an eye out for sales