Access Violation

faeriesidhefaeriesidhe Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have DAZ Studio 4.7 and I recently purchased Luthbel's Camel Camelia HD and installed with Installation Manager, however, when I try to use the product I get the following message and then DAZ Studio closes down.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 001B:685A6E83, QEventLoop::exit()+3 byte(s)

I don't have any problems with the installed Genesis products.

I'm not technical and have no idea what to do. Please could somebody explain and help. Thank you

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Which file are you loading - the camel, the fur or the saddle? Does the crash occur before the progress bar appears, while it is working, or after it has closed?

• faeriesidhefaeriesidhe Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I was loading the camel and the crash occurs just as the progress bar begins to work.

edited May 2015

The progress bar actually flashes by quite quickly, but it loads with Viewport SubD set to 3. Try this version, which should load the camel with viewport SubD off https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7vlynjzibk1i70/CamelDromedaryNoHD.duf?dl=0 If that works it may be that your system can't cope with the full HD preview, though ti should still render (in 3Delight) OK - if that seems to eb the case please post your system specs.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited May 2015

I tried it and I got a figure made of grey boxes

Edit: I tried the model with no HD again this morning and got the model made of grey boxes but also this message

Dromedary2.PNG
    462 x 305 - 32K
    Camel.PNG
    300 x 368 - 46K
    Post edited by faeriesidhe on
    edited December 1969

Hmm, that sounds as if your camel may not be installed correctly - the file was just a character preset, so it was dependent on the main object and texture files. Try reinstalling, using DIM ideally.

edited December 1969

Yes, it had installed incorrectly to a second account. It now works after deleting and re-installing.

Thank you very much for your time and help. It's much appreciated.