Question on Texture Creation for Daz Horse 2

Hi, 

I am creating a texture for Daz Horse 2 that I would like to sell commercially but it occurred to me that I don't know how I would create the textures for the mane and tail as I assume if I wanted to sell the texture for the horse I would have to provide orginial textures for the hair too? I assume I can't use Daz's Transparency Map for it for instance if I want to sell my textures? If someone could clarify this for me or point me in the righ direction it would be much appreciated? 

Many thanks, 

Heather

Comments

• You could use the map and not include it in the package, the preset would then cause your materials to apply the Daz map as long as it was present (and would throw an error if not).

• Hi Richard, Thanks for your response. So I could use it to create a material file which I assume is what you would sell as the texture file but then just not include the map itself in any of the files uploaded for the sale? (Sorry I'm new to this and would be my first one). Thanks for your advise.

• The preset is a set of values - which shader to use, whichj textures and valeus to apply to its properties. The end-user needs both the preset and the maps, so you would supply your own maps and the preset and the original product would supply the Daz maps.

• Hi Richard, that's really helpful- thanks!