Using interpolated curve tool, how do I disable automatic closing of curves?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm not understanding how to shift between creating closed and open curves automatically when using the interpolated curve tool. When I first use the tool, curves are automatically created in open mode. Periodically, however, for no apparent reason it switches to automatic closed curve mode. I don't know if I'm making some inadvertent keystroke or trackpad motion but I'd like to prevent this inadvertent switch between the two modes. Couldn't figure out from the user guide what I need to do. FYI, I'm on a Mac using the latest OS. 8-/ Thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Mesodude :)

When you select the Curve tool in the vertex modeller, it's default setting should be "Open"

When you use the tool to draw a line where the two ends don't connect, ..then it should remain open.

When you draw a curve and connect the end to the start vertex, then Carrara assumes that you want to Close the line, and it automagically enabled the "Closed" checkbox on the right hand panel.

Once you've drawn a closed curve, and the "closed" option has been enabled, then the next curve you draw will also have the "closed" option enabled.

You can move your mouse pointer into the right hand panel at any time while you're drawing with the curve tools, and disable that option

Hope that makes sense. :)

Curve_close.jpg
    266 x 303 - 21K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks so much. Makes perfect sense. I don't know how I missed that all this time.