Sometimes Just a Touch Of Special FX Can Help B-}

Comments

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Crazy stuff! laugh

and I can't even begin to figure out how he acheived these! 

I would have to think it could be done in Carrara though! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

OMG the stub on the table legsurprise

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

A little background:

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Thanks for the BG video Steve. That answers my questions. Clever! Just have to break the desired actions down and there you go! wink

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2022

Adobe After Effects and Photoshop? Really made me laugh... yes I have done the toe on the table leg. Few years bacl I actually dislocated my pinky, stuck out at a 90 degree angle and was very lucky that one of our tenants was a doctor at the time. After several Neurofen Pluses (ibuprofen with codeine) she pulled the little bugger out and pushed it back in. It didn't hurt until a few hours later when the codeine wore off. I never slide around on bare floors in socks or bare feet now!

crying Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

SileneUK said:

...  dislocated my pinky, stuck out at a 90 degree angle ...

Long ago my dad coached an American Legion baseball team (high school age).  One of his players caught a hard hit on the end of a finger, dislocating it.  He came running in crying, till my dad pulled it hard back into place.  The player looked at it, then ran back to his position.  crying  surprise

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Steve K said:

SileneUK said:

...  dislocated my pinky, stuck out at a 90 degree angle ...

Long ago my dad coached an American Legion baseball team (high school age).  One of his players caught a hard hit on the end of a finger, dislocating it.  He came running in crying, till my dad pulled it hard back into place.  The player looked at it, then ran back to his position.  crying  surprise

OUCH! It's the bruising from the initial injury you can't avoid even after resetting. But he was smart to do it so quickly as that is half the battle. Best done fast and quick if someone knows what they are doing so you don't have so much pain and aggro after. I wonder if he could get away with doing that today. Lawsuits, etc.?

frown Silene

OUCH! It's the bruising from the initial injury you can't avoid even after resetting. But he was smart to do it so quickly as that is half the battle. Best done fast and quick if someone knows what they are doing so you don't have so much pain and aggro after. I wonder if he could get away with doing that today. Lawsuits, etc.?

frown Silene

I dunno, times were different back more than half a century ago.  Players worshipped coaches and would play through any pain.  I myself once was a quarterback on a broken play when I had to run the ball through the line in a scrimmage (test game).  A defender stepped on the back of my shoe (soccer cleat) while I fell forward and my foot bent way too far.  I hobbled around for a play or two with my head coach telling me to suck it up.  Finally he said to go sit down while the usually nastier line coach took my shoe off.  He saw my foot swell out of the shoe and said "Broke!"  A hairline fracture of the foot "knuckle", in a cast for a few weeks.  Actually a silver lining, I gave up football, being way too skinny (but quick), and played only basketball, getting a varsity jersey as a sophomore (an honor).  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

I put my dislocated finger back into place when I was drunk.

I vaguely remembered it after I fell over and broke my SILs planter pot.

Next day was terrible though, had to find a medical centre with an Xray suite on New Years Day because I thought it could be broken, was swollen and painful but was not fortunately.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I put my dislocated finger back into place when I was drunk.

I dislocated my shoulder while snow skiing many years ago.  Actually while falling trying to ski.  After that it got easier and easier to dislocate, I ended up having surgery.  In one case the emergency doctor propped his leg against the table leg starting to pull ... my wife had to leave the room.  I wanted to, but ... anyway, he got it back in.  I don't ski anymore.