Made objects to follow characters morphs.

michaelolsonmichaelolson Posts: 117
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi. I made a set of eye glasses in Hex. I'm using Daz. I placed them on my characters face and grouped them to the character. I've realized I've done this wrong, how do I get them to follow the facial placement ( movement ) when I use different poses on the character?

Thank you.

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi, Have you tried , set the eye glass objects (prop) as child of Actor head bone aleady:roll:?
    you can just drug the obj in ds scene tab, under the face bone .
    I believe it work for pozing.

if you hope the eye glass, auto-follow actor shape or expression morphs, as same as clothings,
    you need to change it as rigged figure, but usually I prefer to keep eye glass as prop.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2015

Kitakoredaz is correct, you need to parent the glasses to the figure's head, not simply group them with the figure. The same with weapons, they need to be parented to the hand if being wielded, or to their sheaths or holsters, which, in turn, need to be parented to the chest, waist, or thigh, depending upon how the weapon is carried when not in use. For example, my character Panther wears a pair of cybernetic smart glasses, has a small pistol worn on his belt on the right side, a large pistol on his left thigh, and a shotgun in a back holster. The glasses are parented to his face, the small gun's holster parented to his abdomen, his large pistol's holster parented to his left thigh, and the shotgun's holster parented to his chest.

Who-Says-Metals-Better-than-Meat-(small).jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 552K
    Gunfight-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 379K
    Shotgun-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 756K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on