Data files not found

I'm getting an error message that these files are not found ...

data/amaranth/faënor/faënor boots/feanor boots_7368.dsf
data/amaranth/faënor/faënor boots/uv sets/amaranth/base/default.dsf
data/amaranth/faënor/faënor pants/feanor pants_3708.dsf
data/amaranth/faënor/faënor pants/uv sets/amaranth/base/default.dsf
data/amaranth/faënor/faënor shirt/feanor shirt_5847.dsf
data/amaranth/faënor/faënor shirt/uv sets/amaranth/base/default.dsf

... I verified that they were there and tried it again. Same error message. I unistalled the product via DIM and re-installed it and the same error. I then did a manual install and again verified that the files are there and again got the same error that the files could not be found.

NOTE: This package was working properly when I first purchased it and installed it.

Comments

• Do you work with Daz Studio online? Are you sure there was no installation through Daz Studio?

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 402

Hi Drogo,

I had to update the package because some users were having troubles with the umlaut on the ë.

I would suggest removing the files named Faënor manually from the data folder and then do a fresh install. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298

Amaranth, the sad truth is, that even in 2022, one should avoid using non-US characters in file/folder names.

• Note that Daz Studio's URI handling is being updated to support non-US characters.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298

Richard Haseltine said:

Note that Daz Studio's URI handling is being updated to support non-US characters.

It's not only DS, but in general... Every now and then, the problem surfaces in some unexpected circumstance.